Samples and ..again samples!!!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by pykko, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Hello, everbody!
    I know that there are many threads concerning this subject about submitting samples , etc. but I want to put a question which hasn't been answered(I've checked and read the other topics)

I've sent u more than 10 virus samples (detected by at least 5-6 other AV) till now and u've added only one. And not immediately ....I've sent u that sample 4 times during 2 months and then u've finally added it. I know that u add samples of "in the wild" viruses and worms especially but my question is why didn't u add the sample first time and I was forced to send it 4 times? o_O

If u concidered it not to be dangerous first time, why did u add it finally? If it was not in the wild u'vw expected to infect many computers and to become in the wild and then to add it o_O

If somebody pays for a license expects u to protect him well. Supposing somebody got infected by that virus during this period before u add the defs..don't u fell responsable for that ? (u've got the sample and waited 2 months to add it)....

Hope an ESET Mod. will answer my question and sorry if I said something wrong

Thx in advance! :)

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

The samples are added on a per-need basis. That is, if the malware is not spreading rapidly, the priority is lower for that particular sample. That may explain the time delay. But I never found the time for adding samples to be more than one week at the maximum. Perhaps some of your files were non-functional and so they werent added :doubt:

3. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Well, I've sent the same file every time.....and still I hope an ESET Mod will answer me !!

4. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

and sometimes other AV detect trash, rubbish and broken files as malicious....

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

This same question was answered for you in this post a month ago....and the procedure\explanation has not changed.
    You were indirectly given an answer by an ESET Mod a month ago via this post.

Beings this is redundant and nothing has changed....I'll close this thread now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.