Same problems with the last 5 builds...will it ever end?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by herojig, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herojig

herojig Registered Member

First let me say - I LOVE THIS PRODUCT - if not for it being the lesser of many evils (ghost, BUMP, etc.). I am a paid member of the club for version 8 and have had the same 2 problems for the last 5 builds, and I am at Build 796 (contrary to what the web site said i downloaded - 791).

1. Rescue media does not work on my USB hub, and adaptec 7 port picture frame type. This hub is critical to my system as it contains a pic of my GF and I think this allows me more time on the PC, her knowing it is her I am staring at most of the time. But when booting a rescue CD I get this error (and I have gotten either other messages or failures in the last 5 builds):
    hub.c: connect-debounce failed port 1 disabled
    usb-uhci.c Enxio 800000280, flags0, urb f7d57940, burb f7d579c
    hub.c: usb_hub_port_status (2). failed (err=-6)
    usb-uhci.c Enxio 800000280, flags0, urb f7d57940, burb f7d579c

2. At almost every shut down I get a message that Acronic is starting a scheduled job - EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE NO KNOWN JOBS SCHEDULED. I always click OK and the message goes away and the PC Shuts down. I have checked everywhere, no jobs of any type are scheduled.

Both problems are annoyances vs. critical as all aspects of TI work on my setup and I am very grateful for that, but come on guys, you can do it! please fix this. Ps. TI support, I have sent you the NOF file via email with a link to this post included. Thanks!
    Herojig

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Herojig,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We do apologize for the problem being not solved yet.

However since you have sent a letter to our Support Team it should be solved now. If you don't get any response from Acronis Support Team please send me a PM with your Acronis request # that was sent to you as an autoreply and I will try to find the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Bolosun

Bolosun Registered Member

I have also just installed the latest version and cannot use the s/w for which I bought for, to restore from a cd.

I boot from cd and get hub.c: connect-debounce failed port 1 disabled

So what use is the s/w if it can't do the basic's o_O

4. bobbyjak

bobbyjak Registered Member

I get the same error, but it will continue on after a little bit..The boot process
    is quite longer in build 796 than previous builds..There is a thread addressing
    the longer boot on build 791..Might just need to wait a little longer before
    giving up on it..

5. Bolosun

Bolosun Registered Member

Well I thought I had left it awhile with no joy.

But this morning from a cold boot and leaving it longer it booted from the CD o_O

6. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

FWIW I get 'hub.c: connect-debounce failed port 1 disabled' when booting from my new TI8, build 796 bootable CD but TI does load after about 1 minute.
    John

7. herojig

herojig Registered Member

john, there may be a fix! see
    thread in this forum - but it's decrypted in techsupportspeak (v.796).

8. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, herojig

Just in case you miss[ed] my reply to your other post, it is the second Sticky Thread down the Top on this Forum.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Please note that the latest build (796) does boot a little slower on some hardware configurations and may show the error message mentioned above. These are known bugs and will be fixed in the future builds. If it doesn't afect the functionality (all necessary devices are available) please disregard the error message. Otherwise please contact support@acronis.com with the description of the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.