Same ole kernnel stuff

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Rage, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rage

Rage Registered Member

I just purchased the ESET NOD32 antivirus package and when installing I get the ole "Service 'Eset Service (ekrn) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services" message.

I am system administrator, Eset Services are set to automatic. As I understand it the "fix" is to update NET framework 1.1. I'm currently running NET Framework 3.5.........obviously rolling back to 1.1 to fix a antivirus program isn't gonna cut it.

So what can I do now?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Did you have any other AV installed before? Is the ESET kernel service set to run in the local system account and interaction with desktop is enabled?

Attached Files:

• ekrn.jpg
      ekrn.jpg
      File size:
      41.8 KB
      Views:
  3. Rage

Rage Registered Member

Yes I had AVG on the system but have removed it, the properties are set as you have indicated in services.

I tried another approach by stopping the install after the error and restarted the system in case a virus or some other service was disabling the kernnel prior to Eset services. And I get a new error now.........."Could not start Eset service service on local computer Error 193: 0xc1

I purchased a 2-license service.......would this make any difference?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please download and run ESET SysInspector, create a log, upload it to an ftp or a file sharing service and PM me the link. I'll check if certain registry entries are set up correctly.

5. spelunk

spelunk Registered Member

Remember; the different .NET frameworks coexist quite happily.... So no reason NOT to have 1.1, 2.x and 3.5 on the same machine...

6. Rage

Rage Registered Member

Yes thank you, but I already have visual studio 2005 and 2008 coexisting on the system so NET 1.1 was previously installed with 2005 along with hot fix (KB928366).......besides they should be backward compatible......but since I program in VS2008 I didn't want to do so in the 1.1 environment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.