Safety.Net

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Someone, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Someone

Someone Registered Member

Hi

Has anyone heard of Safety.Net from NetVeda?

Is it good in protection and light?

Thanks

2. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

3. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Version 3.8 was supposedly released back on September 2007.

http://www.netveda.com/downloads/index.htm

The previous version 3.61 had some kind of reported issue that seemed to imply the firewall was disabled after a trial period. The user support forum on the company website posted complaints from users about it. The forum appears to have been taken down from the website now. I sent emails to the company email address asking them about their product. I never got any responses.

4. Someone

Someone Registered Member

Hi

So it's unofficially discontinued?

Thanks

5. bman412

bman412 Registered Member

Just installed 3.8 here a few minutes ago just to try it out for an hour or two :p Running fine and light atm with 2 processes: ipcsvc.exe @ 10mb ram use and ipcTray.exe @8mb ram. Seems a pretty basic firewall for a basic nubie such as me although posters at the old wilders thread above said the firewall has memory leak issues.

6. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

That is a good question. Don't expect any support from the software author. You might find other users who can help out. If you tried to purchase the program, I am not sure if you can or not.

7. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I wonder if this version has the same issue as the previous one where the program started asking for license key after being used for several months? There was nothing on the website that said that the software was good for only XXX time period. Many users got the message after using it for a while. Even one person went ahead and advanced the PC clock date forward and got the same message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.