SafeOnline Protection of Credentials using Advanced tab

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by pling_man, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pling_man

pling_man Registered Member

This is something that has come up before that I thought had been addressed but it doesn't look like it has.

If I explicitly protect my bank's HTTPS website and add some protected information, e.g. a password to the Advanced tab, SafeOnline stops me from typing that information into a different website. This is an anti phishing protection as I understand it.

However, there is no protection against phishing if I use copy and paste of this information (which I do regularly from keepass).

I thought this was something that was going to be implemented; in fact I thought PrevxHelp said the code was set up so that this could be enabled. ;)

Any comments please.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We've been considering this but there are some other issues at hand (namely, how the clipboard actually deals with data). It hasn't been forgotten, however, but we're going to have to be using a different approach than originally planned for reliability reasons :)

3. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

I've noticed one thing, maybe you can make it so that Prevx remember site that user wishes to be blocked always.
    There is one site Prevx finds as malicious and it always asks me to 'Block' or 'Ignore'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.