SafeOnline Configuration

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by ViVek, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

Hi :D

Im using Prevx Safeonline,
    It will be okay if i set maximum seciurity for all HTTP Websites?(just like HTTPS)

Thanx

Best Regards

2. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Great question - I've been wondering the same thing. :D

3. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

:D
    I use only Prevx and Defensewall for my seciurity and i set heureistics to medium

4. pegas

pegas Registered Member

You can use the maximum HTTP setting unless you experience any problems visiting HTTP sites. If so, don't forget to lower the setting to high at least. I used the max. in the past but I was encountering a few problems on certain HTTP sites. Since I reduced the setting to high it is OK. I think that the high setting is reasonable level of protection, as per help at http://info.prevx.com/safehelp.asp there is not so much difference between the both.

5. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

Thanx Pegas :D

6. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Your welcome ;)
    For some web you may need to lower the setting even more than high. For such a case it is better to add that site in SafeOnline with custom rule than to decrease configuration for all HTTP sites.

7. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

Thanx:D
    If i see any problems i will create custom rules

P.S Pegas i see that you are form Czech Republic........w are Neighbours:D :D

8. pegas

pegas Registered Member

First off, my apologies to moderators for being off topic a little but I didn't meet a lot of neighbours here yet, so I am curious.

OK lunaticdreams, pls update your user CP and give us a chance to see where are you from :D

9. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

This is definitely a good suggestion. Maximum on all HTTP websites could potentially cause some problems, which is why we don't have it as the default, but it's always worth giving it a try if you're feeling particularly experimental :D

Let me know if you do experience any problems and hopefully we'll be able to fix them!

10. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

It actually is set maximum by default with my current Facebook version installation and thats not the only difference ive noticed with the current version. Some more things r maxed by default but cant tell u wich ones for sure though. This is on a clean windows btw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.