Safe’n’Sec Personal Users?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Page42, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Anyone here have any experiences with Safe’n’Sec Personal? I've searched the forum and haven't found anything really current on this HIPS.

2. Solaris

Solaris Registered Member

I have tried : Use too much CPU resources and freezes Vista, on my computer.
    :thumbd:

3. controler

controler Guest

I tried it and didn't see any system problems. I have heard the rootkit detection is good.
    The one thing I noticed is if I tried to delete my temp folder it wouldn't allow me to and instead kept creating copies. I never tried a program like crapcleaner but am guessing a person might keep getting endless copies in their Temp & Internet
    Temp folders.
    From what I could see, it locks certain files or folder from modification.
    I only tried it a few days of the trial.

4. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I'll be honest, I was hoping more members were using it, or had tried it out. It is hard to go forward with a program when so few here have given it a test drive, or better yet, a thumb's up!

5. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

thumbs up from me :thumb:

i like it ;)

6. egghead

egghead Registered Member

Re: Safe’n’Sec Personal Users?

that's because it's Russian CSJ :D

I have trialed it sometime ago and I like it too. I did not buy it because I 'm already running System Safety Monitor.

I saw they have a combi SnS + Dr.Web: a very powerful combi.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  7. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

It just doesn't seem as widely used as some of the other free behavior blockers.

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

IBK tested it and gave it a :thumb: up. Check it out on his site.

9. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

The only thing I could find was a presentation of the product, but not a test or review. Please provide a link, if you'd be so kind.

10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

go to the comparitives selection, click and scroll way down and you will see it.

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

12. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Oh yeah, that's a hundred years old. :) Already saw it. I think it's quoted on the vendor's web site.

I did find a January 2008 AV Comparative of Safe’n’Sec Enterprise Pro (not for home users).

13. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Hey, I am 100 years old.:cautious:

Word of Wisdom. When you want to find out about a product, google it for reviews. Go through about 3 pages of different sites testing and/or reviewing and collectively look for a common theme. Good or bad, but it will normally tell you what you need to know.

14. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I'm kind of surprised that you haven't tested it. The Enterprise Pro review is pretty impressive. They say it caught 100% of what was thrown at it.

15. trjam

trjam Registered Member

My take on things now is, find the least to do the most. I know, I know. "Is that for just today trjam?":eek:
    Keep in mind, you first lay your foundation with Product A, whatever that ay be, it is your most important application. B may work very well with it, C may suck. The task at hand is to find the right combo that provides you with what your needs are, in a way that doesnt allow you to eat and complete dinner while your computer boots up.:cautious:

16. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I can see where that works for you, and makes sense even. So, staying with the construction metaphor, I would describe my more important security programs (FW, AV, HIPS) as logs in a log cabin, and the lighter, smaller, more specialized programs (SpywareBlaster, ATF-Cleaner, HijackThis, etc.) as the chinking between the logs. They all mesh together to help form a decent shelter from the storm I wish to keep out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.