SAfe-email

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by mikel108, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

Hi all,
    I was wondering if anyone knew much about SAFe-mail.net. I started using it a bit, because of a reference from the forum. However the net has very little on the Company SecITec, that owns it. Even their own page lists little about them. It is supposedly very secure, and thats what I want for certain emails I send. I did a search, but found nothing. Maybe some of you advanced Googler's can find something.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. isnogood

isnogood Registered Member

Hi,

perhaps it was me who mentioned it in another thread. I can't tell you who the company is, but from my experience, it's really clean and secure. I followed myself a somebody's recomendation some time ago and I am really happy. I have been using several safe-mail accounts for about two years, and never had any leaks or spam on these adresses. Moreover you are really anonymous for them, they don't bother to ask you any personal info or another mail adress. The interface is also simple and clean. I like many details like: when you get html mails they are not displayed as such until you choose to look at them, when you follow web links in the messages there is a clear warning and you can choose to display the page with or without safe-mail frame, etc. That's my personal experience, I would be also interested to hear other users.

isnogood

3. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

Thank-you for your reply isnogood. I contacted the compamy about their background. I received a personal letter back

Dear Mikel,

Thank you for your email and your interest to know more about Safe-mail's background.

Safe-mail is owned and operated by Secure Information Technology Ltd, (SecITech) a privately funded Israeli based company. Development of the Safe-mail system began in 1998 and the public site, www.safe-mail.net was opened in 1999. It has operated without interruption ever since.

Over the last seven years we have expanded and upgraded the system to include secure storage, secure file sharing and secure data publishing features. We also provide offshore hosting for business domains for those companies that require additional privacy. We have over 200,000 business and individual customers in practically every country in the world.

I hope this gives you enough but let me know if you need more.

Best regards,

Ian Buller
    Business Services
    SAFe-mail.net

***BTW..Its the people here at Wilders that have educated me to ask questions like this, and read privacy statements. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.