Rvsmon & rvsmonn

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by karad, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karad

karad Registered Member

Today Returnil System Safe 2011 informed me its core was unavailable,so I reinstalled Returnil,but to no avail up to now as the new install is blocked by not being able to update,(as I press the Update Now button the GUI and the icon disappear) apparently due to an unavailable Returnil site.
    I am confident all this will be ok soon,but I inspected Device Manager and found 2 Returnil drivers:
    rvsmon and rvsmonn
    Do they both belong to the latest 3.2.12918.587 REL14 build?

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi karad,
    yes, they are both valid.

Mike

3. karad

karad Registered Member

Thank you Coldmoon.
    By the way, you got any news about returnilvirtualsystems.com being unavailable or is it something related to my region or town?

(yesterday morning i was deprived of my adsl connection for two hours,a situation common to other people within 10kms,when i regained the connection i found out Returnil-which, inexplicably and out of the blue,had showed the 'core' malfunction the day before after two years of good work and without any change on my part regarding progs- wouldnt completely install, giving the 'core unavailable' warning.

Today i still cant connect to virtualsystems site ,so the new install cannot update and this ,apparently, triggers the 'failed core' song.

4. Coldmoon

We are still waiting for the DNS servers to update. We talked to the hosting company this morning US Eastern time and were told that the process would take only about 1 to 4 hours, but COULD be as long as 24 hours which would put the outside time limit at about 9 Am US EST tomorrow morning.

We will be following up with them later this afternoon however if the issue persists to get a status report.

Mike

5. karad

karad Registered Member

Thank you for letting me know about the problem,Coldmoon,i'm glad it's nothing worse ,these days i could have unfounded fears.
    I can then take it easy and wait.

6. Coldmoon

The issue is cleared now as a follow up on this question. It took a bit longer than the hosting company said it would take so apologies for the delay.

Mike

7. karad

karad Registered Member

Thanks Coldmoon, I tried yesterday to update and it finally succeeded,practically 'freeing' the install ,Returnil icon in the bar showed up , virtual mode works fine,everything ok.

It remains a feeling Returnil works now more like a cloud than a normally installed program, as it cannot completely install if updates are not downloaded.
    It is a long way from the first ,purely virtual mode, Returnils i loved so much. I understand threats like TDDS/TDL4 etc. demand something else, still .....I hope the integrity of Returnil people will persist in the future, as this way certainly there is more control of the computer from Returnil side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.