Runtime stack error 28 during update

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by tony64, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tony64

tony64 Registered Member

I had a problem during my database update. I asked a question on a specific windows Xp forum since I believe this has nothing to do with TDS itself, even if this problem occurs (to me) only with this software. Following are my question and the reply.

Might be of some help.

Cheers
    Tony

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi all,
    I'm facing a trouble while trying to update TDS3 (and anti trojan software) .

From time to time, I get the "Error 28 out of stack space..? " message and the updating of my anti trojan virus signature stops. This happens after 50% of the update has been completed.

Could someone let me know what causes this message and how to fix it. I browsed on the internet and it appears that there is some connection between this message andthe config.sys file... ? (by the way where is this config.sys file ?)

Sorry if I have confused you but I'm not an expert. Before I go and ask TDS3 supplier what is the cause I prefer to have the friends out there having a thought on it.

Cheers+thanks

Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------

Config.sys is not used in XP - I take it you have read to increase the Stacks in the config.sys file??
    XP handle the stack automatically from memory - "stacks are just an amount of memory that a program requires for remote procedure calls - if the program has been written incorrectly this error may occur - or simply there is an out right bug in the program - but if you want to change the stacks them goto Systems Properties - then advanced - then environmental variables (at the bottom!) - then add to systems variable and then add stacks 9,512 - I suggest though that there is more likely a bug in the program which has resulted in a stack overflow as oppose to not enough stack space.
    Peter

Last edited: May 26, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.