Runtime error in SpywareBlaster 3.1

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Unregistered, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have previously run Spywareblaster 2.6 and more recently ver 3.0. When I downloaded v3.1 I first uninstalled 3.0 and then (easily) installed ver 3.1. However when I try to run SpywareBlaster3.1 it loads ALMOST to completion and then gives me a message:
    "Runtime error '14'
    out of string space"

As a result I cannot completely load or run SpywareBlaster 3.1 For now I have removed it and replaced it with the 3.0 but the latter can no longer be updated.

What gives? Is this a programming error, or my computer's error? I LOVE SpywareBlaster and want to keep up to date with it. Please help.

Thanks, Steve K

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

P.S.: I'm running Windows Me.

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I'm trying to reproduce this error in a testing environment.

I suspect this has to do with the Mozilla/Firefox protection - do you have Mozilla or Firefox installed?

And when you say it loads "almost to completion" - do you mean the error appears after the green progress bar stops moving, but as the "Data loading..." items are changing to "X items unprotected"?

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I suspect this has to do with the Mozilla/Firefox protection
    >>>>>>I do use the Netscape browser which seems to use Mozilla for it's cookies and lots of other stuff.

when you say it loads "almost to completion" - do you mean the error appears
    >>>>>>The program almost comes on - you see the rectangular outline and the wide "blue border" on the left and above. But where the "protection" area is and the lower area where you click to "do things" are blank white for an instant and then a small box with the runtime error message comes overlying the "empty area."

I know nothing about programming, but I would say that the "form and shape" has loaded but the runtime error comes when it tries to load the "working guts" of the program.

Hope this helps. Thank you for picking up on this so soon. As I said, I like the product. Now I know why. A concientious creator!

5. sigmaAK

sigmaAK Registered Member

This does seem to be a problem with Netscape 7 or higher for me. I installed the program for someone the other day on a Win98SE system with an older version of Netscape and did not have a problem. However, I just finished installing it on a Win98SE with Netscape 7.0 (and upgrade to 7.1) with the same error as above. Any clues to get it to work would be helpful. I was able to install the program completely, but when I go to run it, it shows this error. I am also running spybot search and destroy and it sees spywareblaster running, but I cannot do anything with blaster itself.

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I'm trying to reproduce this problem now - no luck so far, but I haven't given up yet! :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

7. minnetonka

minnetonka Registered Member

"Unregistered Guest" has already posted the same exact problem I am having. I have ME OS and am using Silly Dog's Netscape 7.02 streamlined. I've run previous versons of SpywareBlaster with no problems, but after uninstalling per instructions and installing 3.1, I have exactly same result "Runtime error '14' out of string space." "...Form and Shape load, but not guts of program" is exactly how I would describe the problem too.

I also don't have 3.0 to revert back to, so for the time being am unable to use Spywareblaster at all. I tried all the links for downloading--and uninstalled after each failure and ran Registry First Aid to clean up before trying another install.

I use Spybot, Ad-aware, Pest Patrol and ZoneAlarm Pro.

Thank you for looking into this and I'll check back to see if any fixes have been posted. I'm attaching a screenshot of the load and error.

Attached Files:

8. srkatz

srkatz Guest

Has there been any progress in figuring out why we get this runtime error 14 problem? Any fix on the horizen?
    Steve

9. maceyr

maceyr Registered Member

Replying to an old thread but this came up in Google search under Spywareblaster runtime error so I'd thought to update it for those looking for a solution to the Run-time error '14' Out of String space.

Check out this thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=32264

Got rid of it for me. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.