runtime error 7

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by AJ Tapie, Feb 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJ Tapie

AJ Tapie Guest

I get a run-time error '7' out of memory. How can this be fixed

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

With what software application (several are supported in this forum)? What is your OS version and what type of system do you have?

Take a look at the thread linked below, which describes a problem with certain types / models of systems and this specific error message. At this point, I don't think the solution has been found, however, the information that you provide regarding the specifics of your situation may help to find the root cause...

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15955

3. AJ Tapie

AJ Tapie Guest

I built the system myself
    It is an Intell board running xp professional

i ran it some time ago successfully and even got an update

i wanted to run it again

only new software installed was turbo tax

4. Mr_Built

Mr_Built Registered Member

Hello team - I'd like to throw a bit of input to the question of Runtime Error - Out of Memory

This type of error is caused when the program code enters a loop which uses all the memory. This may occur when a DO - LOOP has no logical end, or a GOTO loop has no logical end. It is frequently caused by an ON ERROR GOTO loop which goes to a label but encounters another error, causing it to go to the same label, where it encounters the error again and goes to the same label, where it encounters the error again and goes to the same label, where it encounters the error again and goes to the same label, where it encounters the error again and goes to the same label, where it encounters the error again and goes to the same label, where it encounters the error again and goes to the same label, where it encounters the error again and goes to the same label, where it encounters the error again and goes to the same label, where it encounters the error again and goes to the same label, where it encounters the error again and goes to the same label,where it encounters the error again and goes to the same label, where it encounters the error again and goes to the same label.... OUT OF MEMORY.

It may not manifest itself in all condition, for on the most part there will be a logical end. For instance, if the code called a loop to search files until one started with an "s", you could see that it should have a logical end. However if the directory being searched is void of files starting with "s" then the loop could continue (depending on other limitations) without an end. This would then cause the error.

I expect that somewhere in the code is a condition which is not always met, causing the computer to stack excessively and using all available memory. You should look at the code and see if there has been an oversight in the logical ending of loops.

Regards Mr_Built

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Exactly when does the error appear? i.e.

1.) Before any elements of the SpywareBlaster interface are displayed (i.e. almost immediately after you double-click on a link to run the program).
    2.) The SpywareBlaster interface displays very shortly and then the error message is displayed.
    3.) The loading progress bar appears (or the "loading" message screen) but then the error message appears.
    4.) It appears sometime after the above (please specify).

Providing me with the above information can help me (hopefully) track the cause of the problem.

Also, and this is just a guess, could you please send the following files (from your SpywareBlaster folder):
    -sbdatabase.dtb
    -sbdatabase2.dtb
    -ckdatabase.dtb
    -sbinfo.dtb
    My e-mail address is bugreports@javacoolsoftware.com

EDIT: Also, could you please browse to your C:\Windows\System32 directory, find the file named "MSCOMCTL.OCX", right-click on it and choose Properties, and post what version number it says? Thanks!

Thanks! :)

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.