Running applications are stopping TI7 from creating an image??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dave Margetts, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have tried to create an image using TI Server 7 build 627 but I get the message: "cant create image of drive because of applications running or bad sectors" - I have run chkdsk with no problems and still get the same message. Does anyone know if certain virus protection or services will stop acronis from taking an image??

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dave --

Yes, some anti-virus or similar software may cause this to happen. Please turn them off and re-try creating the image.

Thank you.

3. I have tried it with the virus protection service disabled and still get the same problem. I have tried the disable logging fix from Acronis and still no joy. Just to confirm the disc is defo. not corrupt, and I have the latest build. Searching this forum I have found other people experiencing the same issue, one 'solution' from Acronis was to stop any applications that might interfer with Acronis! (or words to that effect) - This is simply not acceptable support advice and unless this issue can be resolved quickly I will return the software and recommend to our many customers not to purchase Acronis TI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.