Runlist damaged

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by krakl, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krakl

krakl Registered Member

Hello,
    after making an Image of the OS-Partition, I did some windows2000-updating(12 Patches 6 or 7 reboots) - everything went right. After doing the last update (witch not wanted to reboot the system) I copied 5 pictures from my usb-Stick and shut the system down.
    Two hours later I started the PC again - BIOS was loaded,windows started, the Monitor turned blue, but right before the logon-screen the computer reboots - again and again.
    I took out the acronis start-disks and loaded the TrueImage-Programm.
    Everything went fine till I had to choose the Partition for installing the Image(C:\ where I got my OS). The prog. checks the partition and says, that the 'runlist is damaged/corrupted' (Die angegebene Partition enthält folgenden Fehler: Runlist beschädigt). The program proposes to start Windows and use a Diskchekprogramm or something like this - but I cannot start Windows2000.
    What can I do?
    Make a new blank Win2000-Installation and then reinstalling the Partition-Image?
    I tested the program 2 month ago with a blank Win2000-Installation - everything went fine - but now when it's a real problem/ not a test it fails.:(

sincerely,
    Markus Krakowski

edit: The version number is acronis TrueImage 7.0 (German) and the OS is Win2000 SP4.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello krakl,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience and the delayed response.

Could you please do the following?

- Download the Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the 'report.txt' file from the floppy disk to Acronis Support along with the link to this thread. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.