rundll32.exe

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by RalphE5150, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RalphE5150

RalphE5150 Registered Member

i had a virus while back which since then i had deleted. But during the process of figuring out what was wrong i had accidentally deleted rundll32.exe and i went through the other day the other thread made about this same topic and i know Franklin was sending people the program, and i was hoping somebody can send it to me.

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
  3. RalphE5150

i actually lost my cd so i couldn't do this.

4. philby

philby Registered Member

As YeOldeStonecat said, you might be able to copy + paste it back from your local i386 folder. You don't need the disk then. Did you try that?

Searching your PC for rundll.exe should bring up a few results, all probably the same size. Just copy one of these into system32.

philby

5. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

6. RalphE5150

no its completely gone from my system the closest i got was slrundll.exe but that is already in the system32 folder.

7. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@RalphE5150

If get hold of a copy of the correct rundll32.exe and save it to a USB stick, or another PC. You could take out the hard disk and hook it up to the other PC, and maybe transfer rundll32.exe onto it ?

8. RalphE5150

thanks man it worked.
    i got infected again and deleted something else that has to do with mozilla firefox. it had in the title profile6, i think it was an uploader or something because i can't upload/attach to my yahoo messages nor upload pictures on my photobucket but tinypic.com uploader works. anyone else recognize the problem?

9. RalphE5150

i was thinking about updating to the newest firefox version to see if that would help what my new problem was in my last post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.