Run-time error '70'

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by pegg, Jun 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pegg

pegg Registered Member

Hi - I'm brand new here but I've tried 4 searches for this particular problem in your various threads and couldn't find this one so I apologize if it's been asked and covered in another thread or post. If it has, just point me in the right direction.

I have Windows XP Home and have used Spyware Blaster for months. Have version 3.1 and haven't had any problems. I went into "tools" and "hosts safe" and I have previously done 2 "backups" (last one in May) I thought I'd make another backup so I hit "create new backup" and this message popped up:

Run-time error '70'
    Permission Denied
    OK

Well -- guess that's not okay. Any suggestions? :eek:

2. pegg

pegg Registered Member

Anyone?

Does anyone have an answer to this?

Is this an unheard of error number?

I could uninstall and reinstall but....

(I have dial-up and can't remember how long it takes to download so I don't want to do that)

I guess I'd like to know even if no one has ever had this problem! That would be odd. A common problem?

Anyone?

3. MCT

MCT Registered Member

this has been discussed in other threads i believe, error 70, i dont think anyone has come 2 a conclusion wats causing it (maybe im wrong)
    but "permission denied" makes me think u are using a "limited" account & dont have administrator privledges ?

also, about the downloading, i wouldnt redownload it , cuz others are gettin the same problem

just do a quick search & it should come up with the threads

good luck :D

4. pegg

pegg Registered Member

searches

Yeah -- like I said -- I did try several different types of searches in this forum. Found a lot of different error numbers -- didn't see number '70' and the search said it "omitted the number 70' in its search parameters..." actually. I admit I didn't read the hundreds of posts but I did look at a lot. But that's ok. It may be something else that's set wrong in my computer -- although how it got changed, edited, damaged, etc. I don't know.

Thanks -- I am the administrator -- but that's a good guess...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.