run time error'-2147221504(80040000)'

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Onebb, May 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onebb

Onebb Registered Member

Dear javacool,

my o/s is 98se and I have installed most of the patches available including suggestion from your forum. But after installation of v2.5.3, I get a error message reads Run time error '-2147221504(80040000)' Incorrect size description in DES decrytion when I try to run the program. Don't know what it means. Perhaps you can enlighten me. Thank you.
    By the way, I just notice other members encountered the same problem, I tried your suggestion of deleting sbdatabase.dtb and sbinfo.dtb, but I got another message said the program cannot be run and closing. o_O

Onebb

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Onebb,

Welcome at Wilders. :)
    Please read this thread to the end before trying any of the fixes: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=8058
    and let us know if you are using an Oriental version of Windows as well.

Regards,

Pieter

3. Onebb

Onebb Registered Member

Hi Pieter,

Thanks for your prompt reply. You've guessed right. I am on traditional chinese version 98se and I have both mscomtl and msinet ocx files dated 2000/5/22 and 2000/5/21 respectively. I suppose they are the updated ones. Hope javacool will have a fix soon. My friend on traditional chinese version xp has the same problem.
    Hope to hear from you soon. By the way, please let me know where I can send you guys a few bucks. Though it may not be a whole lot, but it is a token of thanks. People like you and Patrick at Spybot, who donated their time and knowledge should be recognized.

Onebb

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Onebb, :)

That is a very generous offer from someone who is unable to use the program.
    You can find the instructions at the SpywareBlaster page:
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

Regards,

Pieter

5. Onebb

Onebb Registered Member

Pieter,

I am not sending money for the program, I am sending money for what you guys are doing. You guys are truly the generous ones.

Onebb

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I'm working on a fix for this one, but it will obviously take more time than usual since I do not have immediate access to a system with a Chinese/Japanese language version of Windows.

If you'd like to help, could you e-mail me at javacoolsoftware@hotmail.com ? I'll create a few test files soon, and if you could try them out and see if any of them do not encounter an error, it would be appreciated. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

7. firefli44

firefli44 Registered Member

Oops.

I guess I didn't read far enough or deep enough
    in these forums.

I found my fix.

Thanks to all who put in such a selfless effort.

JD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.