"Run external application"means other apps?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Saint Satin Stain, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saint Satin Stain

Saint Satin Stain Registered Member

Huntsville, AL and Greenwich Village, NYC
    I noted that in NOD32's Scheduler/Planner that you could schedule scans. At first I assumed, actually just believed it meant scans with NOD32's command line scanner. But then I realized that it said "Run external application."

External application.

NOD32's command line scanner is not really an external application is it?

I have several other security apps with command line scanners; I chose two, Sophos Anti-rootkit is one, and Trojan Remover has FastScan. I scheduled scans with them in the way that I scheduled the scan with NOD32 and it works. So I have three scheduled scans through NOD32. I may add a fourth.

It works. I believe that is why the programmers at Eset said Run external application; they figured some geek, or, in my case, pretender to geekdom would see that implementation. I called a friend, fellow member of S.I.N. who has NOD32; he said that he has for some time been scheduling scans with his anti-Trojan, an antispyware, and an anti-rootkit. That confirmed it for me. I haven't asked the folk at Eset yet. I will do that today.

What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Hi, not sure if this is a question or not, but yes that was the intention of the ESET developers. :cool:

3. Saint Satin Stain

Saint Satin Stain Registered Member

Huntsville, AL and Greenwich Village, NYC
    thanks, Eryan, yes it was a question; I had acted on my conclusion about the Scheduler. I wanted confirmation or a "hurry undo what you did; your computer will burst into blue flame."

4. mongatu

mongatu Registered Member

It seems pretty self explanatory to me. You can use the ESET scheduler to trigger/run any app., not only for ESET stuff. Very nice feature of the program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.