"Run external application"means other apps?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Saint Satin Stain, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saint Satin Stain

Saint Satin Stain Registered Member

Huntsville, AL and Greenwich Village, NYC
    I noted that in NOD32's Scheduler/Planner that you could schedule scans. At first I assumed, actually just believed it meant scans with NOD32's command line scanner. But then I realized that it said "Run external application."

External application.

NOD32's command line scanner is not really an external application is it?

I have several other security apps with command line scanners; I chose two, Sophos Anti-rootkit is one, and Trojan Remover has FastScan. I scheduled scans with them in the way that I scheduled the scan with NOD32 and it works. So I have three scheduled scans through NOD32. I may add a fourth.

It works. I believe that is why the programmers at Eset said Run external application; they figured some geek, or, in my case, pretender to geekdom would see that implementation. I called a friend, fellow member of S.I.N. who has NOD32; he said that he has for some time been scheduling scans with his anti-Trojan, an antispyware, and an anti-rootkit. That confirmed it for me. I haven't asked the folk at Eset yet. I will do that today.

What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Hi, not sure if this is a question or not, but yes that was the intention of the ESET developers. :cool:

3. Saint Satin Stain

Saint Satin Stain Registered Member

Huntsville, AL and Greenwich Village, NYC
    thanks, Eryan, yes it was a question; I had acted on my conclusion about the Scheduler. I wanted confirmation or a "hurry undo what you did; your computer will burst into blue flame."

4. mongatu

mongatu Registered Member

It seems pretty self explanatory to me. You can use the ESET scheduler to trigger/run any app., not only for ESET stuff. Very nice feature of the program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.