run.exe 123.exe help, hijacking, pop ups, and other annoying stuff

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by dlusion, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlusion

dlusion Registered Member

hi, I ran into a file named run.exe in something I downloaded, and once i did double click, i realized i made a mistake and started finding alot of adware on my comp like UCMORE search accelerator and such, although ewido did find the .exe (Downloader.VB.vz) and did quarantine it, i cant seem to undo the damage it did, ive been getting flash pop ups alot and my firefox window goes to random urls and resizes it self, i actually had this happen to me once, and i ended up having to reinstall windows, i hope i dont have to go through that again, i still have the run.exe, i guess that would help, i changed the extension to .txt, to take a look inside and it mentions "premium-server@thawte.com", infact heres the whole code ~snip~ Removed unnecessary wording - Ron

i hope it helps, thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2006
  2. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

Well head over to castlecops.com and go to their hijackthis forum and follow their instructions for posting a hijackthis log as Wilders no longer deciphers them. Prior to doing that, boot into safe mode and do a scan with Ewido, your antivirus software, and any spyware programs you may have, like ad-aware, msas etc. and see if that doesen't help a bit.