Ruleset when upgrading from v2.03 to v2.04

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by friedclams, Feb 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. friedclams

friedclams Registered Member

I haven't yet upgraded from v2.03 to v2.04...mainly because I'm afraid/lazy to reconstruct my ruleset...

Can I upgrade to v2.04 and use my v2.03 ruleset without having to make any changes o_O

If I have to make changes, is there a specific rule type I need to look at to change?

thanks,

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi friedclams

Save your rule set (.rls file) to another directory (just to be safe). Once the update is complete, you can import your saved .rls file from where it is saved or copy it into the LnS directory and load it from there.

Regards,

CrazyM

3. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi friedclams,

No problem, the upgrade will keep your existing ruleset, and it will still work without any modification.

This is for us a design requirement to have the ruleset still compatible when upgrading.

The opposite is not true. If you downgrade from 2.04 to 2.03 and a ruleset is using new features of the 2.04, it may be possible that on the 2.03 the ruleset will not work correctly (this applies as well when installing the Lite version over the version 2).

Regards,

Frederic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.