Rules for Quake 3 Arena

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Comp01, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

I want to play Quake 3 Arena online, however, I do not want to just allow all, if I set it up to just allow port 27960 UDP it just says can't reach the master server, if I just allow it all together, I can get the list and play, but I don't want to risk security over configuring what ports I should allow for Quake 3 and what I shouldn't, does anyone know what ports I'll need to allow to be able to play Quake 3 over the internet? (I am using Sygate firewall)

2. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

You should be propmted for all the ports, which protocols those ports are on that it wants to use. Just take it port by port, there isn't that many for these udp games.

Also udp is a connectionless protocol so you need to allow the udp inbound also as sygate is not stateful.

3. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Thanks, I've got it working now, it needed UDP 27950 and 27960, also needed server priviledges under Sygate to work properly, I only have those 2 ports enabled both incoming and outgoing for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.