RUBotted?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Someone, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Someone

Someone Registered Member

Hi

I've heard someone over here state that RUBotted is "about the best you can get for the purpose of detecting botnet Trojans. Everything has to go through its network drivers, so no suspicious activity goes unnoticed. And the fact of the matter is that Trojans now comprise over 60% of all malware, with Storm pumping out hundreds of new variants a day."

And "RUBotted's chance of missing botnet activity are theoretically zero," because "RUBotted replaces Windows' network drivers with its own drivers. It doesn't simply intercept outgoing correspondence; everything has to go through it." so "This is why RUBotted can tell when there is a bot, even if it's masked by a rootkit. It might not give you a filename or a path, but at least it can give you a heads-up."

Can anyone confirm this? A few months before RUBotted was mentioned and Wilders was quite negative of it, so I'm not sure who's right.

Thanks

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Well it does sound interesting, I would also like to know if this is really such a ground breaking method, or nothing new. Is this tech different from the way firewalls work?

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.