RSA: Cyberattack could put customers at risk

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ronjor, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20044455-245.html

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

3. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

4. chronomatic

chronomatic Registered Member

RSA's refusal to provide any information about this attack should make anyone who uses their products think twice about it in the future. Their customers apparently aren't important enough to let in on what actually happened and how much risk they face.

5. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

6. chronomatic

chronomatic Registered Member

So a low level employee opening a phishing e-mail leads to a multi-million dollar compromise? What idiots thought up their security policy? These non-critical machines should have *no* access whatsoever to critical infrastructure where trade-secrets are stored. These machines should have been air-gapped so that Jane Doe secretary's crappy XP machine doesn't have access to the keys to the kingdom. There's no excuse for it.

Come on RSA, just come clean: what did the attackers get? The deafening silence is making more and more people feel like SecureID is completely broken and utterly useless. I'm not a SecureID user, but I would be thoroughly ticked off about this if I were.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.