Router- how can I get it to block port 139?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by bellgamin, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I use D-Link Ethernet Broadband Router EBR-2310.

I want to have my router block or stealth ports 135-139, but I cannot figure out how to do it. I checked D-link's tech support site, but couldn't find the help I need.

Can someone give me advice, please, as to HOW to configure my router so as to block ports 135-139?

2. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

Use port forwarding and point Port 135-139 to an IP that you do not use (within the IP pool). For example, when I ran GRC's test it always showed Port 113 as closed. I used port forwarding to stealth it (it is pointed to 192.168.2.50, an IP I do not use).

In your router's settings page, it'll probably say "Virtual Server." That's where you do port forwarding.

Check this for additional help: http://www.portforward.com/

EDIT: Your router should automatically block/stealth those ports. Did you adjust anything in your computer? Do you have an application that use those ports?

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

@ambient -- MUCH thanks for the help! The link you provided is just what I needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.