Rolling Back Action ... setup ending prematurely - I hate it I hate it I hate it !!!!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by RollingBack Action, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollingBack Action

RollingBack Action Registered Member

Sorry for that annoying angry and frustrating topic, but I really really hate it.... since the very first Beta of ESS I get this ~Snip~ damned message and the same with the second Beta and today I read about the RC and I thought ok, if it is a RC then it should work now, but once again, close to the end of installation it brings again that ~Snip~ message and I am going absolutely crazy and can't understand that stupid message .... I am working with 32bit XP and a very fast and clean computer and yes, i did uninstall other virus scan and firewall before and I don't have any other software in the background and still I get always and always that damned message !!!!!! It installs nearly until the end, installing drivers and everything and when the install bar is nearly at 99% that ~Snip~ rolling back message comes with ending setup prematurely.

I guess nobody can help me with this, especially since my local eset agency can't help me and they don't know if there are any log files where I can read any report, they just tell me ~Snip~ silly stupid things like to reinstall my system ~Snip~

Sorry for everything but i am getting really insane when I wait and wait for the next version and after waiting a million time once again that hated message appears again.

Ok, thanks for listening, I am sure nobody can help me and I think this is my first and last entry in the forum because I am 100% sure that nobody can help me and also that this problem will definitely not be fixed in the final version.

yours,
    RollingBackAction (-Hater)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2007
  2. AshG

AshG Registered Member

Try "Run as Administrator". If you are using Vista, then unblock the file in the Properties dialogue as well.

3. RollingBack Action

Re: Rolling Back Action ... setup ending prematurely - I hate it I hate it I hate it

I run as Administrator and I use XP 32 bit.

4. gH0StrId3R

gH0StrId3R Registered Member

Re: Rolling Back Action ... setup ending prematurely - I hate it I hate it I hate it

have u made sure that the Eset folder in Program Files doesnt exists...this happened to me the first time i installed...so i installed again n everything went well...also check the reg keys

5. gH0StrId3R

6. RollingBack Action

no ESET folder was existing before. Tried now to disable LAN and internet, same problem: rolling back action with the final message "setup ending prematurely"

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Should you contact ESET beta team , they will provide you with suggestions about your problem as well as you can provide them with log files from your system so that they can examine firther . The address is betasupport[at]eset.sk

Can you install Eset Antivirus v3 RC1 , by the way?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2007
  8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please run
    ess_nt32_ENU.msi /lvx* install.log
    and send install.log with this thread's url in the subject to support[at]eset.com

9. RollingBack Action

I didn't try yet. 2.7 works fine. But I will try that Antivirus 3 RC1 too.

ahhhh...cool...great... so there is still a way to log the installation? My local eset distributor/partner didnt know about that :)

Maybe I can read something out of that logfile too .... too sad that now I have to do some work on my PC and I can't test it until tomorrow :(

10. gH0StrId3R

try installing the AV ... then u can know its the firewall thats causing the prob

11. IcePanther

IcePanther Registered Member

Hi,

I myself had a problem with some particular version of the nVidia driver, which seemed to interfere with ESS installation on my old XP SP2 (home, 32 bits) laptop. When I upgraded it, (or downgraded, as long as I didn't use that particular version) it was OK. It probably isn't your problem, but at least, it occurred to me, so i had to say it might be it.

12. RollingBack Action

the Virusscan RC setup did not cause this failure, only the ESS.

I installed the ESS with logging option but its an absolutely huge text-file (more than 1 MB)

I will try to update my nvidia drivers too...

Anyway, the last lines in this log-file when the error occured it says:
    does anybody know why the logfile says "Property(C): ROOTDRIVE = D:\" when my OS is on Drive C: ?

13. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Don't attempt to understand the log file , just send it to ESET . They know where to look at . In addition to that log file , you can also send them a file called setupapi.log in C:\Windows :thumb:

In case EA can be installed , it may be a (firewall) driver installation failure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.