RollbackRX Pro question

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by C.S.J, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

ok, i have a split my C:/ into a seperate partition (E)

but, whenever i revert back to my snapshot, i lose everything ive put on the new partition,

Q. how can i exclude this new partition from the snapshots?

2. nexstar

nexstar Registered Member

You need to re-install and select the custom install. That gives you the option of which partition to protect.

Graham

3. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Hi,

As a 7.2.1 user, i would say that you can select all files and/or folders that you wish to keep after restore by activating the "keep these files ....." in the advanced settings tab (Program settings screen) and choosing what to keep in the same state as before restoration

At restart (after restore), RollbackRx will check its snapshots and restore the changed files/folders

Regards,

MaB

4. appster

appster Registered Member

Another v7.2.1 user here and I use the method described by MaB - which works great... I would presume (but can't say for sure) that the same option is available in v8.1.x.

5. nexstar

nexstar Registered Member

Yes, it is in v8.1 as well and may well be a good solution. The last time I tried this facility it seemed to take a long time to restore the files but this must obviously depend upon the amount of data involved.

As the OP seemed to want the whole partition to be kept current then excluding that partition in the first instance may be more appropriate. Nice to have options though :) .

Graham

6. appster

appster Registered Member

Yes Graham, for sure your way is the preferred method, but it would mean unistalling and reinstalling RB, which the OP may not want to do.

Cheers

7. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

thx for the replies,

i will add the folder i wish to keep in those advanced settings, create a new baseline and see how it goes, and if it really does keep that part of the partition the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.