RollbackRx Is Unstable

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dmenace, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

RB/RF ? RF = Rollback-Fix ? A good name because it needs to be fixed ?

2. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Aren't you tired of complaining yet? We have heard how bad rollback is 1000 times maybe more. But for those of us that use it without issues it is a great program. I think instead of spamming this forum with hatred for rollback you should start a website or blog about it. This way only people that want to hear it can go there instead of having to read your ongoing posts downgrading it in every thread someone opens. Sorry but i'm sure if I started posting for example how bad nod32 is in every nod32 thread especially more than 1 time in the same thread in some cases I would probably be warned if not booted from the forum.

disclaimer: i recommend nod32 but just used it as an example in the above message.

Thanks,

Chris

3. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

lol erik RF = EF my mistake man :D

btw : who del my post erik quote?:mad:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  4. ErikAlbert

What ? Do you want me to tell the opposite ? RB is robust and reliable ? I will never sell my soul to a software and I also complain about FDISR's shortcomings.

Hey, we are talking about RECOVERY, that's not a text processer, this is dead serious, users depend on it and certainly companies, including me. I don't want to lose my snapshots.
    FDISR never failed so disastrous as RBRx does and users have to know this in advance before they install RBRx or
    even worse : pay $70 for it.

If you don't want to hear anything bad about RBRx anymore, tell HDS to fix it.
    Why are you so obsessed by RBRx ? Are you paid for this ? Are you a reseller of RBRx ?
    If not, don't be such a fan and talk about RBRx in an objective way, which means tell good and above all BAD about RBRx. :)

5. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

My thoughts exactly!!

Silver

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

The discussion in the thread is about Rollback, not particular posters.

Also if you have posted negative views thats fine once, but please don't keep repeating.

Pete

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

took it off. It ate up all my free physical memory in a snapshot. Not saying it is bad, but just not right for me.

8. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Are you sure you meant memory? Or did you mean hard disk space? It only uses around 20mb of memory on average on my system. The snapshots can use up a fair amount of space if you make a lot of changes, i usually give about 20 gigs to my system drive to ensure i have plenty of space to play with.

9. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Theres no compromise for paying customers who depend on ABSOLUTE PRESERVATION OF DATA short of an image, except a decent and reliable product.

Is Rollback Rx percentages higher in stabilty and customer satisfaction in comparison to it's former and present competitors?

Oh, and other things (features?)(reliable?) about Rollback Rx worse past or present limitations if you want to call them that<snip Peter2150>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2008
  10. ErikAlbert

Wasn't this one of the big advantages of RBRx, using much less space ?
    Why do changes cause more space than normal ?

11. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yes i'd say its a big advantage to only record changes made not only to reduce the amount of space used but to also speed up the snapshot process. On my laptop using fd-isr a snapshot would take around 10 mins to create and use around 3 gig of space. Using rollback a snapshot only takes me around 5-10 seconds and is usually only a few hundred mb in size. For me its a no brainer which one is better suited for my needs.
    I wouldn't know specifically if certain changes use more space or not. But obviously the more changes you make the more data is going to have be recorded in the snapshot. Also if you download a large file say a 700mb iso and include that file in the snapshot then naturally that snapshot is going to be at least 700mb in size.

12. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

the big of the snapshot is not necessity will get bigger.....u can "exlude" the dir (lets say c:\mydownload) in FDISR , unlike RB which doesnt hold this option and include ALL the data present on c:\ .

thats is one very big disadvantage of RB , amongst not the only one:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.