Rollback Rx...

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by fce, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Image files are just like other files, you can cut/copy/paste/rename them anywhere anytime.

2. nexstar

nexstar Registered Member

Yes, but a Freudian slip, surely? ;) .

Graham

3. fce

fce Registered Member

6gb full back up file is too large and did not allowed by vista to transfer to my external HDD. I guess i need to do another back up save to my external HDD.

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

In that case you have to do another backup to your external harddisk.
    I didn't know that cut/paste or copy/paste was so limited or maybe it's another winVISTA problem. :D

5. nexstar

There should be an option to output files of a fixed size. 1.5GB is a good option as you can then burn 3 of them to a DVD for archiving.

Graham

6. fce

fce Registered Member

correct.

after choosing 4.7GB as a fixed size, no probs transferring/copying to my ext. HDD.

btw, see post #3 of this link. i didn't get any answer from the forum and I email this problem also to acronis support website...maybe my question is for pre schooler that's why they didn't answer it yet. :D

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=184450

7. nexstar

It is probably not an issue in your case but the reason I went for 1.5GB was that I sometimes fiddle around in DOS. FAT16 has a 2GB file size limit, FAT32's limit is 4GB. So going for 1.5GB keeps it ok for FAT16 and of a size to use up the space on a DVD efficiently. Sorry, OT I know but I just wanted to clarify the reasoning :) .

This pre-schooler has just posted a reply there ;)...it may not help though.

Graham

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I missed the question about the startup recovery manager. My thoughts. I've used ATI 9 to just image and restore and it worked fine. ATI 10 is to bloated for my taste. But as I read the ATI forum seems a lot of people get into trouble with the recovery zone. Keep it simple. Finally since the primary purpose for imaging is restoring in case of total disk failure, storing images on the same disk makes no sense to me.

Pete

9. fce

fce Registered Member

i used ATI backup/recovery its working fine. I just want to know that PCI (error) message.
    6minutes restoring time is not bad, same with 8minutes backup time for 15GB used files/applications.

there's no much big difference with RBRx, except the price of RBRx, Chkdsk issue and less than a minute taking snapshot.

10. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

How do i tell RollBack to store its scheduled snapshots on another drive?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.