Rollback rx

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by gergy, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

You are asking in effect how can I get my computer to do something at midnight without leaving it on. Answer should be obvious. You can't.

Either leave the computer on, or do it manually.

2. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

I mrhero,

If you go under settings/program settings/advanced settings, You should see different choice but I believe that if you tickle the box in front of : "remind me to run missed scheduled tasks" that should do the tricks...

Hope that helps,

Best regards,
    Atomas31

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I think he is asking if at the fixed time PC is off then what will happen?-- when he turns PC on after the fixed time is passed, will RollbackRx take the missed scheduled snapshot or not?

4. Atomas31

I personnally don't use schedule task so I can't see for certain but I beleive he will receive a screen indicating that a schedule snapshot have been missed, do you still want to take it now? or something like that...

5. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

Yes, absolutely this.;) Everyday I run my computer but sometimes 15 to 18, sometimes 16 to 24, 9 to 16, 23 to 4, bla bla bla. I want Rollback takes snapshot when my computers run in that day.

6. Atomas31

7. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

This is THEORY, not the real RB, but it's technically possible to do this.
    When you turn on your computer RB can test if a snapshot of today is already taken or not.
    1. If a snapshot is already taken, RB does nothing on each reboot during that day.
    2. If a snapshot is not taken, RB takes a snapshot.
    This is just a matter of programming.

The time has no roll in it anymore. It's a matter of snapshot taken or not taken.

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I will suggest to try the same. I hope it will do the job.

9. Atomas31

By the way mrhero, you can configure the scheduled snapshot to be taken at every restart or daily with the remind me to run missed schedules tasks tickled in the advanced setting (wich seems to come back to what Erik described)... What else do you want?

10. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

"Remind missed schedules" enough for me. Thank you a lot.

11. Atomas31

Your welcome!

12. Shulamitefire

Shulamitefire Registered Member

Yes, I purchased Rollback Rx using the 50% discount here in this forum. The company support for the product is outstanding in every respect. They even have live support. The product, in my opinion, is an absolute winner. I have successfully restored to a previous snapshot in about ninety seconds at various times when I had viruses, when boot files were missing, when I a got a message that boot volume was unmountable, etc. I have the program set to automatically take snapshots every hour & at restarts of the machine.

Having said that I was informed today by the company that they do not support servers or RAID setups. They did say that some customers have successfully used Rollback Rx in a RAID 0 configuration. I have been considering buying a second Raptor 74GB 10,000 rpm HDD, but to give you some idea how much I like Rollback, I won't go RAID if there is an issue in terms of compatability. Has anyone here in this forum successfully setup a RAID 0 with Rollback and is it reasonably easy to do?

Thanks much, guys.

13. aigle

aigle Registered Member

No winner. It has bugs to be fixed. Still not reliable.

14. Mascot

Mascot Registered Member

I tested Rollback Rx briefly a few weeks back on a RAID0 setup. Didn't do anything special to set it up. My recommendation would be to wait it out a bit though. I don't remember the specifics anymore, but it had several showstopper bugs that made me uninstall well before the trial expired. Whether those bugs were RAID related or general ones, I can't be sure. My penny's on "general" though.

15. Peter2150

I agree, I never had the courage to try it on my raid 0 system. FDISR on the other hand is working fine there.

16. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

I use RAID 0 with Rollback with no problems. The only thing that I know of that does not work is Disable direct disk IO in the program settings. Other than that everything is fine. I know some people have had problems with Rollback here which they are working on but still is working good for me. Except if you reset or power off during boot ups a few times.

Thanks,

Chris

17. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

I just tried Rollback rx standard with default settings, is it suppose to make the system more sluggish? Everything seems to be slower in loading with more HD grinding. Anybody use this with KAV6?

18. Peter2150

I did notice a slight loading affect which on reflection doesn't surpise me. Remember Rollback is passing all windows disk requests thru it's driver to it's own index system. So a small hit is likely. As to using it with KAV 6.0 it's fine as long as KAV 6.0 is stable on your machine. But if KAV is at all flaky on you then beware. Rollback doesn't lilke crashes and hangs.

Pete

19. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Little effect on bootup for me. HD grinding? NEVER!

20. Peter2150

I never had hard disk "grinding", but I was able to measure a difference when scanning with KAV. I also saw a speed difference with a start program "watcher" so there was a difference. Not enough I'd call it detrimental however.

21. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Somebody please help :doubt: If I run a Sweep with Webroot Spysweeper, it runs for about 5 minutes then my computer reboots. Sometimes it will bootback normally, but just now it booted to my desktop, after hanging on the welcome screen for 2 or 3 minutes, then to the desktop to a blank desktop with no icons or anything, just wallpaper. When the icons did finally appear, half my taskbar was missing, it looked like it had shrunk,and only half of it was visible. Then when I tried to click on Internet Explorer it opened and closed in a split second,and none of my other programs opened either :doubt: Then a message on the desktop said Webroot SpySweeper Installer had been damaged and please reinstall the program. The Rollback taskbar icon was not there,and when i tried to open it via start/all programs it wouldnt open. Rebooting my computer only caused the same problems, and I had to uninstall Rollback by the Rollback bootscreen, then everything went back to normal the way it was before I installed Rollback. Whats happening ? :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.