Rollback RX with huge discount today

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by beethoven, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

There are proven backup methods to fully capture all of your RB snapshots in a backup image (i.e., you can create a complete backup image without uninstalling RB)!

For the complete story (and understanding) go here. ;)

Aaron

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  2. ziaul

ziaul Registered Member

Thanks Aaron, that's exactly what I was looking for. Just incase, if I need to uninstall it, how do I do it through boot sub-console?

3. moontan

moontan Registered Member

you can't miss it, it is the Rollback screen you see at every boot.
    just follow the steps.

keep in mind that even when uninstalling through the boot sub-console you will lose all snapshots.
    jus follow Aaron's instructions if you want to keep your snapshots. :)

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  4. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

The additional Lifetime updates is only within version, ie, within 9.x or eventually 10.x, and gold support only entitles you to a 25% discount on the normql purchase price of the next version...if you check the wording carefully.

So is it worth it? One to decide on personally.

5. AdamL

AdamL Registered Member

Ah ok :eek:

When I read; "free license updates to new builds and new releases and versions", I took it at it's word.....

6. ziaul

ziaul Registered Member

Hi Baldrick,
    From where did you get that information? Last time I checked there http://www.horizondatasys.com/203367.ihtml website it is still saying that with gold support you get lifetime updates and with platinum support you end up paying 50% of license cost in addition to volume discount.

Please correct me, if I am wrong. I am not challenging you, just don't see the information anywhere. Even on Bitsdujour website, one of there support staff is also claiming the same thing.

7. Knot2Brite

Knot2Brite Registered Member

I have used rollback for about three years and it is a very effective program. Someone above described it as system restore on steroids. True enough.

My complaint is the quality of the customer service when you have a problem. It appears there is only one person and they work a shift that translates into midnight in the Eastern time zone and they are not the brightest bulb in the pack. No matter how detailed your question(rebooted, reinstall, purged registry, tried on a second machine, etc.) they always begin with something similar to "have you tried rebooting".

They do not have telephone support and there is a 24 hour turnaround (except Friday were it is 72 hours) so a week or 10 days to resolution is standard. The man in charge Lyle Patel will never win an award for courteous customer service.

Comodo Time Machine is the exact program except those Brits have tried to add features that were not fully tested. When they get their program stabilized I'm going to erase rollback.I suggest making an image and then trying CMT, if it doesn't work you can always restore your image.

8. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

Hi K2B,

I've been using RB since 2006 and over that time I've also noticed that the responsiveness of their tech support has declined. However (imho) user support on the Official Rollback Rx Forum (as well as here on Wilders) is very good.

As to CTM, Comodo discontinued its development last year, possibly due to legal issues as suggested here by a staff member of Horizon DataSys (the Rollback Rx people).

Aaron

9. CSatHorizon

CSatHorizon Registered Member

Hi. I'm with HDS Support and Sales and I just want to clarify that the Lifetime Update and Gold support does entitle you to a free upgrade (ex. V9 to V10) if you are current with the annual maintenance payment. In-version updates (V9.1 to V9.2, build revisions) is free for all users.

Also we still do not have a release date for Rollback V10, so it might take longer than 2 months.

10. ziaul

ziaul Registered Member

Thank you for clarifying your comapnies upgrade policy. I also contacted support a while back and they also confirmed the same thing and thank you for posting here.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.