Rollback Rx- what's with the shipping charge?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by bellgamin, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I decided to buy Rollback Pro but killed the shopping cart when I saw they had added a $24.75 shipping charge to the price of their product. :eek:

Since the software is downloaded, there is nothing to ship, right? So why the shipping charge? Did I do something wrong in making the purchase, or is this extra charge legitimate?

2. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I noticed that too. It feels a bit strange, but since I used the 50% discount coupon (provided in another thread) the price was more than reasonable for this kind of software imo. I hope you changed the shipping charges to reflect the fact that you did download the software? Then the charge was reduced to a couple of dollars.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2006
  3. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

bellgamin,
    In the bottom of the shopping cart, click on "Email/FTP" instead on "Fedex shipping", then click on calculate shipping. it will recalculate the total.

Hope it helps.:)

4. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

The shipping charge is if you want the software delivered by post. You can choose the "delivery by email" option in the way described by Antartica.

5. bellgamin

@TonyW & Antartica- Thank you very very much!

Duhhh... I didn't notice the email option. With that button clicked, the price is indeed VERY reasonable.

I have purchased Rollback Pro but my serial number is still *on the way*. In the meantime, I'm wondering how to enter the serial number once it IS received.

On the Demo version of Rollback, I can't find a "Register" button. Do I have to reinstall in order to enter the registration information or what?

6. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

bellgamin, once you have this baby up and running, if you don't mind, could you let us know how you like it? Thank.

Acadia

7. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

from the email I got from horizon:

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Is he weakening folks? :D :D :D

9. bellgamin

BUT... I can' find any way to access "the registration window. I know how to cut & paste. My problem is Inability to locate a registration window wherein to do that.

QUESTION: How do I get to the dadgummed registration window?

P.S. ---- Someone asked me how I like Rollback. I LOVE it! That's why I bought it. I even gave it a Valentine card. *puppy*

10. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

They obviously mean this registration window, but that only appears during installation.

Attached Files:

• reg.jpg
      reg.jpg
      File size:
      21.1 KB
      Views:
  11. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Did you look under the menu "help"?

Atomas31

12. Heco

Heco Registered Member

Hi Bellgamin,
    Right-click the Rollback system tray icon and select "About". Click on the registration button to bring up the registration window. Then choose "Register online to obtain a registration code". Click on "Register" to continue. You will be prompted to reboot to complete the registration.
    Cheers:D

13. bellgamin

@Heco- Many many thanks. I dood it!

Next dumb qwestions- I bought the Pro version & set it to take a snapshot daily.

Q1- Obviously I will take a special snapshot just before doing something potentially dangerous but... is there a *school solution* as to how often to take routine RECURRING snapshots?

Q2- If I continue taking daily snapshots, the number of them will grow rather rapidly. Should I periodically clean some of them out? If so, when?

14. Peter2150

Hi Bellgamin

I don't take one daily, but what I do is if I am going to make a change to my system, I then manually make two right in a row. That way the first one captures my system as it is right now, and I can work in the 2nd one.

Reason for that:

Say I made snapshot one yesterday, and am working in it. Today I want to install something like a new beta. One would only be current as of yesterday, so I build snapshot two. That way I have a snapshot that is current as of now. I then build Three and go to work. That way if the new program is a problem, I can rollback to two and be current.

Since I personally have no interest in preserving history, but just want to have the protection, what I do is keep a 2 rolling snapshot history going. I will take two snapshot, one named Rollback and one name Current System. You can have mulitple copies of the same name. If say I am going to install a new KAV beta, then I will make Rollback and KAV Update instead. I keep about 6 to 8 total. Then I start deleting the two oldest. (Never try and delete the baseline) Also I always run the Rollback Defragger after adding or deleting baselines.

Also don't bother with any other defraggers. They won't hurt, but it is a waste of time, and the next time you use the Rollback defragger it will take a lot longer.

HTH

Pete

15. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Looks to me like there are as many ways of using this unique and flexible program as there are people using it! ;)

Acadia

16. Heco

Heco Registered Member

True...;)

17. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

That`s the same way I do it and it seems to work out just fine.

18. bellgamin

@Pete- Thanks. Your method sounds both logical & effective so that's the way I shall do it.

@All of you who have so kindly & clearly given me advice -- Aloha and Mahalo!

19. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

How long does defragging take with this tool?

20. Peter2150

If I create two snapshots, and delete two snapshots, it might take a minute to minute and a half.

Pete

PS Only time it took a while, was when I defragged with Perfect Disk and then went back in and tried the Rollback Defragger. It had to redo everything.

21. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Some might say that is too short to be considered a thorough defrag.

22. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I've just found this from their knowledge base:

23. Peter2150

Tony

Each snapshot is defragged separately, so some of them might not have many data sectors associated with them. If you've followed the other threads on Rollback, you'll see you have to reset your thinking just a bit.

Pete

24. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Rollback requires that you "reset" a LOT of your thinking! :D (And that can be a GOOD thing ... some of the time :p ).

Acadia

25. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I appreciate that, Peter, and it's all very intriguing. This program certainly has a different concept from some of the other methods we have seen for system recovery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.