Rollback Rx vs Magicure differences

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by garry35, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

And, the answer is:

2. garry35

garry35 Registered Member

the answer is what i posted, even if its not very substantial. i was merely passing on the reply i got from HDS official channel. i would be happy to pass on a link to the full dialog if needed i dont see the relevance to previous questions on BDJ, this was a totally seperate question to HDS to try and clarify who owns the patents etc. the closest i have come is that rollback say they have modified rollback for several customers and they have admitted that magicure is one of those customers, and that magicure was primarily intended for the israeli market.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  3. aladdin

Have they answered about the claim made by MagiCure (one of HDS Agents/Partner), that they will provide free lifetime updates without the Gold Support (yearly maintenance contract)?

It is not important who owns the patents. It is HDS as and it says so on MagiCure in the "about" thingy. See my previous post #20 on the very first page.

What is important is the claim about free lifetime upgrades?

Best regards,

KOR!

P.S. Here we are discussing, if a company is being ethical or not.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  4. garry35

sorry i didnt ask them about updates (lifetime or other) for magicure or i suspect they would have given the standard reply ie. magicure is a different company and they cant comment.

i did ask about updates for rollback and they said that an update is due in the fall, but when i asked if the update would still be in the 9.xxxx and therefore be a free update to non gold subscribers, or v10 needing an upgrade fee to non gold subs. i am still waiting there response

5. aladdin

This is where HDS lacks ethics in my opinion. MagiCure is their Agent/Partner and MagiCure has sold their product with lifetime updates without Gold Support (yearly maintenance), therefore HDS should stand behind it.

The version being sold by MagiCure is at least two years old, but they claim their version is newer than HDS version.

Don't hold your breath for free update to v10 for non-Gold Support, even the Gold Support won't get free update to v10. It is a good way to collect yearly money for nothing in return.

Best regards,

KOR!

6. garry35

i am certain that we wont get a free update to v10 cos that would be classed as a major update and their update policy states that your only get free updates in the same version number eg. 9.xxx would be free but 9.xxx to 10.xxx wouldnt be free.

my question to them was would the next update be compatible with windows and still in the 9.xxx range or would it be 10.xxx which is a major upgrade and need an upgrade fee.

7. aladdin

As far as HDS is concerned, you don't even get free update within the 9.xxx range, unless you have purchased the Gold Support.

Even those who have purchased the Gold Support for v9, will not get free update to v10.

No free updates, even within the 9.xxx range.

My question is about MagiCure promising lifetime free updates and how HDS will handle this?

Best regards,

KOR!

8. Scott W

Scott W Registered Member

Sorry my friend, but you are quite mistaken about that. HDS provides free minor updates to all paid licensees, so in the case of RB v9, a paid licensee (such as myself) may download and install every 9.x build they release. In addition, Gold Support Level subscribers are also entitiled to free major upgrades (e.g., v9 to v10).

HDS' Upgrade Policy

Regards,
    Scott

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  9. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Thank you Scott.

As to what Magicure says and does I would be surprised if Horizon commented publicly on this. In addition I don't believe that Horizon has to stand behind a re-branders policy. In fact, if MC was licenced to sell in Israel and are now, without approval from Horizon selling worldwide, I would suspect that its entirely possible and likely that they will not be getting access to version 10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.