Rollback Rx Version 10 is out

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by twl845, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

1: No, if you are using SSDs and if you feel that the hack implemented by HDS so that Rx will run on SSDs will damage your drives you def should not use it. I also have no problem with you warning others about this problem. IMO its a good thing that you do so people are warned and can make a decision on the use of Rx with SSDs. Will using Rx destroy the SSD drive? I have no idea, I know very little about SSDs but given your warning I would not be likely to risk it.

Does this mean that I should stop using Rx on my non-SSD drives? Does this make Rx a crappy piece of software? IMO no, but it does make HDS a crappy company. IMO not an unethical one, but in no uncertain terms a crappy one.

The problem is that you do not seem content to simply warn people about the problem. You have gone to war with anyone that says anything good about Rx and you are relentless in your attacks and complain bitterly if anyone is critical of those attacks.

2: I thought the problem was that recovery disks might not be able to be made if Rx had been installed, not that the recovery system was destroyed. I am not even sure about this because froggie (and others), who has Rx installed, or had it installed on all of his machines at one time or another, has been able to create restore disks as well as restore his PCs numerous times. And I know that others have been able to do so as well. Indeed, I have created restore disks with Rx installed but I have never had to use them because Rx has in every case solved any problem that I have encountered. Perhaps I am just lucky but at the moment the jury is out on this claim as far as I am concerned.

BUT,

Again, I have no problem with you warning people of this potential problem but again the problem is that you do not seem content to simply warn people and let it go at that. You appear to have made it your mission to save the world from Rx and anyone who does not support your mission is your enemy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had promised myself that I would not engage in dialogue with you and said as much a few posts back. This post will be the last time I direct any comments your way. I do not wish you any ill, I just do not want to have anything further to do with you.

2. CyberMan969

CyberMan969 Registered Member

Personally I worry a lot about the fact that RX disables TRIM, however I am so used to its functionality that I don't want to give it up until a better alternative (true IRS) comes along, or a hybrid like AX64.

In the meantime I regularly leave my computer idle at the RX pre-boot console in order to allow for GC to kick in. I know that GC alone may not be enough in the long run, but it's much better than doing nothing. I also make sure that my SSDs are not full, in fact far from it. My main system partition is 51BG and only has 18.8GB of data. The rest of the 240GB drive belongs to a logical partition with only 41GB of data. TRIM works fine on the logical partition but not on the primary. Leaving it idling for a few hours every week is the best I can do ATM...

~ Removed Image from Copyrighted Movie ~

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013
  3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

All this back and forth, who's right, who's wrong, has anyone read the User's Guide? What users guide you say?:isay:

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Removed Off Topic Posts.

5. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Those criticisms were made way back in 2007 and 2009 using RB v7 and 8 on XP. I have had no problems since then using version 9. I am currently on v10 using Win 8, Raid 0 on 2 SSD's for system drive.

My only gripe is that the uninstall required a Ticket to Horizon to activate a reinstall on Version 9. I have not tried an uninstall on 10 yet.

Silver

6. kimotheraphy

kimotheraphy Registered Member

After reading through this thread, Aladdin's post quoted above makes the most sense to me. We need to be wary of BOTH Rollback Rx and HDS. Thanks Aladdin..

7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

We need to be wary using any software that messes with the system, but I have no problems with RB 10. True the company may need some new blood and a new plan, but I haven't had a problem since V9.1. That doesn't mean that I feel bullet proof. Stuff happens.

8. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Dear kimotheraphy,

Thank you for your kind comments.

Best regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.