Rollback Rx Spring Sale

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by wideglide36, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Thanks much Scott and Osaban. Sounds good but have to wait until Memorial Day now I guess because I failed to pull the trigger. Thanks again.

Gary

2. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

Bought (2)licenses licenses for Drive Vaccine. Couldn't pass up the deal.

3. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Thats great news, thanks

4. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

Phew...looks like I got my license just before the offer closed :)

5. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

Hi Scott,

Just a question, if i understand you correctly, means that:
    www.horizondatasys.com is (read: owner of this website) also a RE-seller.

Now i am curious, who are they buying it from then?
    With other words who is the real maker of Rollback RX aka EAZ FIX?

:) o_O

6. napoleon1815

napoleon1815 Registered Member

Not sure...I know http://www.keriver.com/ has been linked to these companies. I thought someone mentioned before that the guy who owns this site (from China I think) is the actual developer. Again, not 100%.

7. Scott W

Scott W Registered Member

That would be EAZ Solution. ;)

8. Scott W

Keriver is the developer of Keriver Image and HDS' Drive Cloner Rx is a re-branded Keriver Image clone! ;)

9. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

I understand that both Horizon DataSys and EAZ Solutions are sister companies that jointly develop and market RollBack Rx and EAZ FIX.

Apparently:

1. RollBack Rx is marketed specifically for the commercial, educational and consumer market. EAZ FIX is the original brand that is offered to worldwide resellers and OEM distributors.

2. RollBack Rx can be purchased and supported directly from Horizon DataSys (www.horizondatasys.com) whilst EAZ FIX can be purchased from any of the accredited resellers.

3. The two products are identical, and are both are supported by the same technical support team at Horizon DataSys.

(Information comes from the HDS forum where this question has been asked/answered previously).

Hope that helps?

Balders :D

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  10. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Just a heads up to those of us like me who failed to pull th etrigger during the spring sale, HDS informed me by phone that there should be a Bits DuJour offer coming sometime in April.

Gary

11. Baldrick

Apologies to all for going slightly off topic but may I, respectfully, put the record straight in that actually Keriver apparently is a licensed version of Drive Cloner Rx, produced by HDS.

They are an authorized partner of HDS and have chosen to market the software under their own brand.

Regards

Balders

12. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

And, what about the clover?

Where is HDS get the clover from?

13. Baldrick

Good question. Cannot explain that.

But I have checked the HDS & Keriver sites and only HDS give any background. Also, the questions of 'ownership' or 'provence' were raised on the HDS forum a couple of years back and Nick10 (an HDS employee whose views I respect) advised as I have posted. A direct question was asked and a direct answer given. Based on personal experience I have no reason to doubt what he said at the time.

But always happy to be proved incorrect/for the truth to be outted. :D

Regards

Balders

14. Scott W

KOR's excellent questions indeed go to my belief (as expressed in post 33). ;)

Balders, I believe you are referring to the same HDS employee who said:
    ...it seems he really got the release date wrong on that statement, so I'm not too confident in the accuracy of his remarks!

15. Baldrick

Well , I actually am quite prepared to believe that employee given that he has provided help & information to me directly and as a result I have no reason to doubt what he is saying.

If someone can find someone to speak to at Keriver who can advise on the question and confirm either way then great but they seem to be a mystery organisation with little in the way of contactability...unlike HDS.

As for the announcement re. v10 I can certainly understand why there has been a change and a later statement to advise that the release of v10 would be aligned to the release of Windows 8 was made by HDS(very sensible in my view given that RB Rx v9.1 is working fine...at least for me)...and so why rush a new version out only to have to release an upgrade shortly thereafter just to cater for Windows 8? And anyway...until a release is released a company has every right to modify the release date...for many reasons...many companies have done it, do it & will continue to do it...much to the frustration of some of their users. Personally I prefer that software is released when it is ready to be released...not when elements of thee user base want it to be.

Happy to be contradicted on the above...just the case that I have seen nothing reliable that does so.

Of course, as ever, just my humble opinions ;)

Balders

16. Scott W

17. Baldrick

Hi Scott

Likewise...in terms of respect for opinions, etc. ;)

Will check out the link provided. Should be interesting.

Edit: Have delved further and you may want to take a look here https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1827739&postcount=35 for more info! Personally I think that we will never get definitively to the bottom of this one until the main parties speak for themselves...which is unlikely. My final take is that they are clones of each other, they work well and therefore are useful apps...which ever flavour one decides to use. ;)

Regards

Baldrick

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  18. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Post #35 doesn't say anything Keriver Image and Drive Cloner Rx.

It even contradicts the statement by Moontan that 1-Clk is nothing like Rollback Rx, which is a correct statement by Moontan.

1-Clk is an imaging program and a baby of Keriver Image and Rollback Rx is a snapshot program. There is no comparison between these two.

However, HDS re-brands the 1-Clk which is sold for $20, as Rollback Rx Corporation for $300. So, HDS is creating a confusion.

19. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Thank you thank you huntnyc :)

20. Scott W

Really? :eek:

21. Baldrick

My final take is that they are clones of each other, they work well and therefore are useful apps...which ever flavour one decides to use. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.