Rollback Rx says Network Failure Encountered

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by twl845, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I am trying to install RB and when I get to the Activate window and choose to activate online, I get a "Network Failure Encountered. Please make sure you have connection to internet." I do have a constant connection to the internet. I also encountered the same thing during installation when the set up wanted to check for updates. Does any one have an answer as to why this is happening?

2. Scott W

Scott W Registered Member

Hi twl,

Try it again, but first temporarily disable both your firewall and antivirus protection.

Scott

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I think that worked, but now it says I have exceeded the recommended amount of activation attempts or something similar. I have tried quite a few times to make this work on and off line.

4. Scott W

Scott W Registered Member

Ah, the 'old too many activations' problem. That problem occurred with earlier builds. I thought that was now a thing of the past so I'm really surprised to hear it's again raising its ugly head... :blink:

I'm afraid the only answer is to submit a support ticket and they will probaby issue you a new product key.

Scott

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

OK Scott, Thanks. :)

6. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Hi all, OK the support guy had given me a new activation code on Friday, which didn't work and gave me windows saying I tried to activate too often, or code is invalid. This afternoon Support sent me an e-mail saying he mis-printed the activation code and use the new one with one less zero. So I did and now I'm back in business. Slap me if I think about uninstalling again. :D

7. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

As I have written a number of times and in spite what some others have written IMO it is good to uninstal and reinstall periodically. I do so monthly and have never had an issue reinstalling. Eventually you WILL find your PC getting sluggish in spite of running Rxs defrager. This will be a clear signal that its time to uninstal, do some PC house cleaning, and then reinstall. I am sure others will post that its not nec to do this but in my experience it is def beneficial, so no, I will not slap you if you think about uninstalling.

8. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I understand what you're saying, and I know I will eventually have to do some house keeping. Don't mind me when I said I will never uninstall. I was just recovering from 3 days of frustration and no less then 6 or 7 communications with support. Finally getting RB back made me giddy. :D

9. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

It does not take long to begin to appreciate Rx does it. I always feel more comfortable when I reinstall it after having done my monthly maintenance.

10. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

It certainly doesn't take long at all. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.