Rollback Rx says Network Failure Encountered

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by twl845, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I am trying to install RB and when I get to the Activate window and choose to activate online, I get a "Network Failure Encountered. Please make sure you have connection to internet." I do have a constant connection to the internet. I also encountered the same thing during installation when the set up wanted to check for updates. Does any one have an answer as to why this is happening?

2. Scott W

Scott W Registered Member

Hi twl,

Try it again, but first temporarily disable both your firewall and antivirus protection.

Scott

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I think that worked, but now it says I have exceeded the recommended amount of activation attempts or something similar. I have tried quite a few times to make this work on and off line.

4. Scott W

Scott W Registered Member

Ah, the 'old too many activations' problem. That problem occurred with earlier builds. I thought that was now a thing of the past so I'm really surprised to hear it's again raising its ugly head... :blink:

I'm afraid the only answer is to submit a support ticket and they will probaby issue you a new product key.

Scott

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

OK Scott, Thanks. :)

6. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Hi all, OK the support guy had given me a new activation code on Friday, which didn't work and gave me windows saying I tried to activate too often, or code is invalid. This afternoon Support sent me an e-mail saying he mis-printed the activation code and use the new one with one less zero. So I did and now I'm back in business. Slap me if I think about uninstalling again. :D

7. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

As I have written a number of times and in spite what some others have written IMO it is good to uninstal and reinstall periodically. I do so monthly and have never had an issue reinstalling. Eventually you WILL find your PC getting sluggish in spite of running Rxs defrager. This will be a clear signal that its time to uninstal, do some PC house cleaning, and then reinstall. I am sure others will post that its not nec to do this but in my experience it is def beneficial, so no, I will not slap you if you think about uninstalling.

8. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I understand what you're saying, and I know I will eventually have to do some house keeping. Don't mind me when I said I will never uninstall. I was just recovering from 3 days of frustration and no less then 6 or 7 communications with support. Finally getting RB back made me giddy. :D

9. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

It does not take long to begin to appreciate Rx does it. I always feel more comfortable when I reinstall it after having done my monthly maintenance.

10. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

It certainly doesn't take long at all. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.