Rollback RX on BitsDuJour Dec.2

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by RobZee, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobZee

RobZee Registered Member

RollBack Rx
    Deal Available: Wednesday 1 December, 2010 to Thursday 2 December, 2010

Deal Price:
    $24.15
    You Save:65%List Price:$69.00

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

This looks like a nice deal. Does anyone have experience with this program on Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit?

3. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

i use it on win 7 x64 system for long time , zero problem

4. acr1965

5. acr1965

Anyone getting in on this deal? What are some of the negatives about this sort of software? I ask because I always hear just about the positive things.

6. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

That's odd. I got an email last night that said that the deal was today. In fact, I purchased it last night for the discounted price.

As far as anything negative, I can't find anything. There might be an issue with imaging programs and people having too many Rollback RX snapshot. But I just made the current one the baseline and delete the others and then image. This program is friggin' sweet.

7. moontan

moontan Registered Member

there's no mention on their website about the pricings.

is the license for life?
    do you have to pay for yearly updates?
    do you have to pay for major upgrades.

0 information AFAICT.
    --------------------------------
    i found the info @ Bitsdujour:

8. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I don't like to store any backup images on my system partition. Does Rollback RX support backing up to a nonsystem partition drive? I also find it much more reliable to backup, and restore from a nonsystem partition drive. I usually use an external drive.

9. Cutting_Edgetech

Is Rollback RX similar to FirstDefense ISR?

10. n8chavez

It's important to understand the difference between rollback snapshots and system images. They are not the same. I have a copy of my backup images on an external drive as well, but snapshot need to be on the drive that Rollback RX is installed on. You can still image your drive even if you use snapshots.

11. Cutting_Edgetech

n8chavez, thanks for the response! I was about to post back in regards to my last post. After looking on horizon Data sys webpage it looks like Drive Cloner RX would be more in line of what i was speaking of as far as drive image backup is concerned. I did start a new thread on seeking snapshot software for testing purposes though. Do you have experience using Rollbackup RX? https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1791835#post1791835

12. n8chavez

I can tell you that my current combination of Drive Snapshot and Rollback RX seems to be working flawlessly on my Windows 7 x64 system. I have Rollback RX is place for the day-to-day threats and Drive Snapshot in place should the physical drive gets destroyed. I honestly couldn't have designed a better combo myself. If I were you I'd pull the trigger on Rollback RX, just because of this insane deal. There are others that have used this combo for a long time too, namely Aaron Here. In fact, see this thread.

As far as I can know, there reallyu aren't that many rollback titles; there's Rollback RX, Comodo Time Machine and Keriver 1-Click Restore Pro. I have no experience with the latter.

13. Cutting_Edgetech

n8chavez, thanks for the info. I'll go ahead, and get it. It is a great deal!

14. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

One thing that some people consider a negative is that you should not perform disk-defrags with RB installed (besides which they woudn't serve any purpose). Just use RB's snapshot-defragger.

Another is running chkdsk /f. I do this periodically without having ever had an issue, but some people have said this has induced problems.

Finally, while you can (and should) create disk-image backups, you have to understand the available methods and what they produce.

Aaron

----------
    Edit: I've also heard from other users that RB is not compatible with most file/folder encryption products.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  15. Aaron Here

The license is not time-based; it is for the duration of the major version (e.g., v9.xx). All builds within that version (e.g., v9.10) are free.

When HDS releases RB v10, there will be a cost to upgrade. Btw, I know that the developers are now working on v10 and I expect it to be released in the 1st half of 2011.

16. Aaron Here

I do know from experience that Rollback Rx and EAZ-Fix are one and the same program - from (and supported by) the same developers (that may also be true for Ay Recovery). Comodo bought a license for the source code of RB v8.x and have made their own 'enhancements'. When I tried CTM earlier this year I found it to be quite buggy!

Another similar ISR-type of program is Farstone's RestoreIt, which simply does not have the versatility of Rollback Rx.

Keriver 1-Click Restore Pro is not in the same program category. While it may be a fine backup product in its own right, I do not consider it to be an ISR-type of program.

Aaron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.