Rollback RX imaging

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by nexstar, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flinchlock

flinchlock Registered Member

I keep forgetting nvidia ALSO makes stuff other than graphic cards. :)

I wonder if the Paragon Linux Restore CD (or any linux fdisk type program) could have fixed the MBR?

I also wonder if the DOS "fdisk /mbr" command would of also worked?

PLEASE do not try to test these on my account! :D

Mike

2. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I don't know how true it is but some users i speak with have suggested to me that although the True Image part images/restores ok for them, they ran into troubles using Acronis Partition Editor and warn about it. I wonder if that was really what caused the BSOD issues or if it was in reality the KillDisk Trojan that was the real culprit or not all along.

Perhaps someone in a good position to test this might confirm or not? ;)

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Couldn't have been the killdisk trojan as that was safely ensconsed on the vm machine. No I had divided my disk into three partitions using disk director and it worked fine. I was just trying to zero out the partition table, so thats what I did. Just didn't quite work as it was supposed to. I figured out what was going on when I booted the Windows CD and forgot to F6 for my drivers. Windows booted up fine, but of course couldn't see my disks. When I went back and rebooted with the drivers windows saw the disks and down it went. Thats when I figured out the probably both partition table and mbr got corrupted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.