Rollback Rx 9.0 - WHAT'S THIS?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by darrenn, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darrenn

darrenn Registered Member

Don't know if anyone has the most updated version of Rollback Rx or planning on purchasing it...if you are DON'T. I have it set up to take a snap shot every 3 hours. Something happened to my PC and I had to rollback - so I tried rolling back using the software on the desktop, found the date and selected rollback. For more than 48 hours it said it was SEARCHING. I MUST recover lost files, something hit my PC and even AVG didn't catch it - and now AVG is corrupt and I cannot open it. So - I tried to reboot and selected the HOME key at start up to enter Rollback - found the date and it said "that point in time is corrupt try selecting another date". So - I tried an earlier date (a much earlier date) and same error. I tried 4 times contacting HorizonDataSys but they WILL NOT return my emails. I paid $69 for this software a few months ago and now it's worth crap. NOW - every time I boot into Windows on my side the search command comes up in Rollback as if it's still searching for the date that I specified, even after I re-boot! The damn thing will NOT go away and there is no cancel button. Now I found out that a friend of mine, his Rollback Rx 9.0 is corrupt as well, it won't even boot for him.

2. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

According to Horizon DataSys' website, the latest version is 8.1, which is the one I have. I've also been running Rollback Rx for quite some time now without any problems at all. If you really are running version 9.0, then that is most likely a fake application.

3. fce

fce Registered Member

4. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Same here...although I hear, from my dealings with the Support Desk, that a new version is expected soon...but I do not know exactly when.

Also nothing on Gooogle about a version 9.:eek:

5. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

New version... good to hear! I hope defragmentation will be possible with the next version.

6. darrenn

darrenn Registered Member

I restarted the software again - tried to restore and nothing. Just sits there saying it's searching. I did check the about box and it says:
    Rollback Rx v9.0
    WWW.HORIZON-DATASYS.COM
    so not sure why it says that. I also looked at all the screenshots on their website and they are identical to what I have. With one exception, the words and everything are not aligned properly, nor can I use the scrollbar either. I have tried everything to get a reply back from horizon-datasys and they will not answer.

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

darrenn
    where did you download from?
    Latest is 8.1
    Hell even Pirate bay only has 8.1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.