Rollback Rx 9.0 - WHAT'S THIS?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by darrenn, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darrenn

darrenn Registered Member

Don't know if anyone has the most updated version of Rollback Rx or planning on purchasing it...if you are DON'T. I have it set up to take a snap shot every 3 hours. Something happened to my PC and I had to rollback - so I tried rolling back using the software on the desktop, found the date and selected rollback. For more than 48 hours it said it was SEARCHING. I MUST recover lost files, something hit my PC and even AVG didn't catch it - and now AVG is corrupt and I cannot open it. So - I tried to reboot and selected the HOME key at start up to enter Rollback - found the date and it said "that point in time is corrupt try selecting another date". So - I tried an earlier date (a much earlier date) and same error. I tried 4 times contacting HorizonDataSys but they WILL NOT return my emails. I paid $69 for this software a few months ago and now it's worth crap. NOW - every time I boot into Windows on my side the search command comes up in Rollback as if it's still searching for the date that I specified, even after I re-boot! The damn thing will NOT go away and there is no cancel button. Now I found out that a friend of mine, his Rollback Rx 9.0 is corrupt as well, it won't even boot for him.

2. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

According to Horizon DataSys' website, the latest version is 8.1, which is the one I have. I've also been running Rollback Rx for quite some time now without any problems at all. If you really are running version 9.0, then that is most likely a fake application.

3. fce

fce Registered Member

4. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Same here...although I hear, from my dealings with the Support Desk, that a new version is expected soon...but I do not know exactly when.

Also nothing on Gooogle about a version 9.:eek:

5. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

New version... good to hear! I hope defragmentation will be possible with the next version.

6. darrenn

darrenn Registered Member

I restarted the software again - tried to restore and nothing. Just sits there saying it's searching. I did check the about box and it says:
    Rollback Rx v9.0
    WWW.HORIZON-DATASYS.COM
    so not sure why it says that. I also looked at all the screenshots on their website and they are identical to what I have. With one exception, the words and everything are not aligned properly, nor can I use the scrollbar either. I have tried everything to get a reply back from horizon-datasys and they will not answer.

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

darrenn
    where did you download from?
    Latest is 8.1
    Hell even Pirate bay only has 8.1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.