Rollback Home Free

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by khanyash, May 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Kurtis

That takes "glossing over" to new heights.

Let me review.

1 With 8.1 certain windows updates trash RBx because of the modified MBR, so since you could do a "fix", your solution was to pre test WU and have users go to the website to see which ones to install.

2. Windows 10 updates no longer allow you to select what updates are installed and really take all WU control away from the users.

3. Since now all updates will be applied since that almost calls for a rewrite, and fast. SHould be exciting.

2. Kurtis Smejkal

Kurtis Smejkal Registered Member

That takes 'jumping to conclusions' to new heights. Both Windows 10 and Version 11 of our software are ongoing, you can't presume that Version 10 will carry the same infrastructure and features as 11 when it comes out. So I'd take a few deep breaths and remember that when things are 'in development' that that literally means, they're in development.

3. Peter2150

Well I hope the developers are as good at solving the problems as you are with glib answers.

4. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi Kurtis Smejkal

I can see why HDS appointed you, BUT, do you never feel any discomfort in the rhetoric that you propound on behalf of your employer?

You may be a perfectly decent guy in every day life, but your soul is owned and paid for by your employer. Before you bite back at me, just remember this, where is your independence.

Personal probity?

That is a commodity that is sold every day. Look at FIFA

Terry

5. Kurtis Smejkal

Hi Terry,

My job is not to simply rep HDS here on forums. My job is to connect the company and users. I tell the situation as it is. Sometimes that results in things being said that HDS doesn't like to hear, and sometimes it results in things users don't like to hear. I don't promise to take any one person or companies side, I simply am here to provide the facts. Many users on here may not be happy with the company, but there are also many users who I've helped solve issues, whether it be technical or otherwise.

To quote Joe Friday, "Just the facts ma'am"

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  6. TheBear

TheBear Registered Member

I for one am glad to have you here, Kurtis. I have used rollback rx off and on for a several years and there was a time when there was little of no communication from HDS. One problem HDS had in the past was they were very slow fixing issues. It was hard to see that they were trying very hard. At least now they are including users in beta testing. Hopefully, they will soon be able to expand their staff of programmers and fix issues in a more timely manner.
    You are in a tough spot. keep the faith.

regards

7. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

No, you tell the situation as you and HDS see it (or would like it to be seen).

There are plenty of examples of the latter but I would love for you to provide some links to the former. Mind you, I do recall instances where you agreed that Rx was vulnerable to problems but when pressed to bring these issues to HDSs attention for correction you then blithely said you would not as these issues were of no consequence and that HDS would not change its presentation of the software as bullet-proof simply because some folks had found areas where care had to be used in its use to prevent a disaster.

You just said that and repeating it does not make it any truer than it was before. The facts are that there are a number of real problems that users of RX can face when using Rx (see Froggies “unOfishul” FAQ) and you and HDS refuse to do anything about these or to even acknowledge that these issue can result in users having problems and that users need to be aware of them.

These are the facts.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  8. Kurtis Smejkal

That's exactly it. I think on our end we have our reasons for doing many things, but if they aren't communicated well then it's certainly worthless to the company. I never expect to please everyone, but at least we're trying to be more transparent.

9. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Windows Updates released for the month.
    Is it compatible with Rollback Home free?
    No info on Rollback forum.

10. Peter2150

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.