Roll out of new web filtering

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by aieie, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Strange, can you PM me your email address and the URL?

Thanks!

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

PM sent.

3. 800ster

800ster Registered Member

4. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

5. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

There is no response to that form and the form is considered a request/recommendation, so if they disagree with the form or know something the submitter do they won't honor it.

6. PrevxHelp

I just tried replying to your PM but it was apparently blocked. I just wanted to check: are you receiving a "Suspicious" category for the website you reported or is it being blocked? I suspect we aren't changing suspicious to good and are instead just focused on bad to good/good to bad for manual corrections.

Thanks!

7. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

This is the message I receive:
    I am allowed to override and view the webpage. If I don't override (continue), I can't access webpage.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i finally got the new filtering on my own machine. works way better than the old one. EXCEPT its super sensitive. wow. its nice i can continue anyway but man its sensitive. it blocks pages imo i dont think should entirely be blocked. there is station drivers for example. i like the site. i know there are pop ups and sometimes they are not good ones. but with the blocker turned on the site is fine. they have the latest drivers for many things you just cant easily find everywhere.

i get the "suspicious" warning all over the place. do you think this will get better over time? i had this suspicious warning probably 30+ times yesterday.

are the pages blocked entirely on reputation now until a download or drive by tries to happen? or does it actually scan the whole page for malicious code. im still much happier with the way it works now than before for sure.

9. Esse

Esse Registered Member

Does the web filter of WSA and Webroot Brightcloud use the same "cloud tech" to do the job?

/E

10. PrevxHelp

The web filtering in WSA is considerably more advanced than the standalone BrightCloud toolbar.

11. Esse

Esse Registered Member

Ok, that explains why I get a "Phishing site" with Brightcloud and no reaction with WSA on a Bank site I visited.

/E

12. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Not sure if I miss it. The number of false positives outweigh even WOT and BitDefender TrafficLight (maybe all of my other filters combined!)

13. aieie

aieie Registered Member

Hello,

I'd like to exchange activation codes between two PC since one has an already migrated license and the other one a not migrated one (and the migrated one is not on the PC I'd prefer it to be, LOL).

Do you know if simply switching key codes between the two machines can cause problems of any kind?

Thanks in advance

14. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

just uninstall from each first, then you can reinstall on the machines you want them on. the other way is to remove them via your console after you log in, but something that has happened for me at least in the past is i have had issues seeing the machine again and then contact support for a quick fix.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  15. aieie

aieie Registered Member

Reinstall?

I thought using the "Activate a new key" and switching keys would be enough.

16. PrevxHelp

The on-install activation is slightly different, as the vast majority of users who had an old key would first receive a new key when upgrading, rather than entering it into the new product. It's probably safest to uninstall/reinstall as zfactor outlined.

17. aieie

aieie Registered Member

Many thanks,

will do it this way.

Just to be sure.................

the number of available computer for each license won't change, isn't it?

18. horseman

horseman Registered Member

It's per Operating System installed not just computer. Thus if I have a Mac OS/X 10.8, a 10.9, and a Window 8.1 all on same computer I need 3 licenses even though I'm technically not using all 3 concurrently!
    Theoretically I could getaway with one by de-activating each in turn via WSA console but that'll likely cause WSA support some headaches as well as much inconvenience.

19. aieie

aieie Registered Member

Since I simply switch licenses between 2 computers the number of licenses still available should be the same as before, then

20. PrevxHelp

If you have OSX and Windows installed on the same computer, it will count as two, but two Windows partitions will count as one.

21. Mango555

Mango555 Registered Member

I still have not received the new web filtering for 2 of my licenses and that's ok. I understand it is a gradual/slow deployment.

But I have to ask, will Webroot post a message here when the full deployment is completed?

That way, anyone that might have missed it will know and can contact support to inquire.

22. FreddyFreeloader

FreddyFreeloader Registered Member

Any plans to offer the web filter to us Maxthon users? Works using IE11 on my machine, but does not work using SlimBrowser - an IE11 shell browser.

23. PrevxHelp

Yes, I'll definitely post when the rollout is fully finished.

24. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

I asked a question over at the Webroot forums about using WSA on a laptop dual booting two separate Windows installations. I was told this will use two licences, i.e. one seat per OS, not one per machine. Are you saying the opposite is true?

25. shadek

shadek Registered Member

One of the biggest banks of Sweden is blocked again... (false positive)

www.swedbank.se

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.