Robot Genius RGguard

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by LUSHER, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LUSHER

LUSHER Registered Member

Robot Genius RGguard

The term “Malware” refers to spyware, trojans, viruses, network worms, and rootkits—any installed programs that infects computers and wreaks havoc on computer security and performance. Increasingly, malware is used as a means of stealing personal information, such as credit card numbers or identities. Using the Web, hackers disseminating malware take advantage of free online content dispersal and frequent online updates to circumvent security measures. Reliable protection against malicious attacks necessitates an in-depth knowledge of malware its locations and characteristics.
    RGguard: Proactively Prevents Malware Infections

RGguard from Robot Genius, provides users and companies with a first line of defense against malware. A lightweight browser plug-in enhancement, RGguard works in tandem with the Robot Genius RGcrawler data to prevent malware infections.

RGguard browser plug-in proactively warns users of danger while they browse the web by marking up search results links with color-coded safety ratings. It alerts users by recognizing not just the domain but also the full path URL that points to each instance of malware. The exactness of alerts reduces false positives and keeps restricted sites to a minimum.
    Key Benefits

* Lightweight and unobtrusive, works with all browsers.
    * Zero-day threat protection against all types of malware.
    * A powerful, fully automated method for blocking links to malware and warning users of URLs containing malicious executables.
    * Virtually no impact on system performance or system resources.
    * Exactness of alerts reduces false positives keeping restricted sites to a minimum, and also keeps ‘noisy’ security alerts to a minimum.

http://www.robotgenius.net/technology/rgguard.jsp)

markedup2.gif

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2007
  2. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

Played with this software b4 and its a no go on my box. BSODs' galore and thats with no other programs installed. XPproS2 patched. :thumbd:

3. LUSHER

LUSHER Registered Member

Works fine on my box But I only did the firefox thing.

4. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

I click on the more info link on their page and get 404-erroro_O I know what the error means, but I just wanted "more info." The pdf doesn't reveal any more than the web-site....

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Yet another one of those "search engine results rating tools" :rolleyes:

Ill give it a test drive, hopefully its better than SiteAdvisor.

Anyone know how I can contact them? I think I found a bug.

6. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

Thanks, I have been waiting for this to come out for about a year now :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.