Roboscan 2.5

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

What problems did you have? I'm curious since I've installed on a number of computers without issue, other than some time ago there being the issue of the exceptionally slow speed when downloading the setup file, and Roboscan downloading the initial definitions update.

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

bsod's, not updating, a few got infected within the first 2 weeks. among other stuff. i would never install this on anyone's computer.

3. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

I would tend to agree with narenbisht. Those RAP charts have always been a cumulative depiction of the weighted average of all of VB100's RAP tests, in that link for six months for several OSs and different versions of the apps.

Actually, the most decisive of the four RAP test is the Proactive Set+2 and the least is the Reactive Set-2, having to do with the test timeline relative to the sig/def updates.

For the April 24 test, of the thirteen AVs tested using the Bitdefender engine, Set-2 values ranged 96% to 98.9% and Set+2 ranging 77.5% to 78.8% (G Data and Trustport with secondary engines, G Data and AVG respectively, got 83.4 and 83.7).

Clearly the ~20% spread, while not a blatant fail, suggests 1- parallel and auxiliary detection tech (other engines, heuristics, behavioral, IDS, HIPS, etc.) needs improvement and 2- defs and sigs still rule the roost and timely, efficient updating is an absolute necessity.

https://www.virusbtn.com/virusbulletin/archive/2014/04/vb201404-comparative

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.