roboform and spyware guard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by pitti, Jan 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pitti

pitti Registered Member

I just downloaded both programs for the first time. When I was installing roboform a warning came on saying that it was a bho. I'm not sure what a bho is and whether roboform is safe to install in spite of the warning.

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

BHO = browser helper object. Looking up roboform on Google to see what it was I see it is indeed that; fills things in automatically. It doesn't sound like a very secure thing to run, but that's up to you of course. I can't seem to find a privacy policy on their site either. Anyway, Others will show up knowing more about it than me ;)

3. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi pitti,

What is a Browser Helper Object?

If you were to type in Roboform in the Search box at that site you would find these results: http://www.sysinfo.org/bholist.php?filter=roboform&count=&type=
    The L means that it is safe to install. In fact I recommended Roboform quite a few times to people who thought that a similar program by Gator/Claria (which is spyware) was so convenient that they were reluctant to uninstall that.

Regards,

Pieter

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

If Pieter says it, you can believe it ;)

5. pitti

pitti Registered Member

Thanks!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.