RKDETECTOR v0.6.2 >Wrong service 'gmsipci.sys'

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by <DreamCatcher>, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. <DreamCatcher>

<DreamCatcher> Registered Member

Hi,

Today I was running a few apps to see if I had anything that shouldn't be on my system and RKDetector from 3WDesign showed no hidden services apart from one wrong service called: gmsipci.sys. I have searched the web to find out what this is, but with know luck. So i was wondering if anyone from Wilders has seen this before and if so how do I go about correcting it if its a problem?

Thanks for any help

DreamCatcher

2. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

I havn't seen it before, but there are lots of references to it on google etc. None of the ones i saw appeared to be malicious in any way.

I noticed you put gmsipci.sys. rather than gmsipci.sys so i wonder if that's why you couldn't find out much on it ?

You don't say what these other Apps are you used, or if you have you tried things like Rootkit Revealer, Blacklight etc ?

StevieO

3. <DreamCatcher>

<DreamCatcher> Registered Member

Hi,
    StevieO

Know it was gmsipci.sys when i searched for it on google. I have also used Blacklight, RKDetector2, UnHackme and RootkitRevealer and seem to be clean apart from this wrong service!

Dreamcatcher

Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.