RISING Security Software 2010 Series is Officially Released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by FrenzyLion, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clocks

clocks Registered Member

In the past it has been poor in most tests. Not sure if there is anything new in the 2010 version to improve that or not.

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

I tested Rising AV and only installed the HIPS, yanked it to full and ran it together with Avast 5 Free with no problems on XP Pro. wonder what is left of teh HIPS when you run it on a x64 bit OS. Could somebody try to install Rising on Win x64 and NOT install the file and mail shield (so you can keep your exsiting AV on board :), like Panda f.i.

Regards Kees

3. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Yeah but I am always looking at new scanners so when friends need help with security software I can recommend them something that fits their need. Panda fits some of my friends need's but sometimes I have people who don't trust them because it's in the cloud. Plus later tonight I might install Rising just to see their Smart Active Defense, if it works well maybe I shall think about switching av's if it fits my need. (Light, Good Protection Rate, Stable, and Not annoying)

4. simisg

simisg Registered Member

rising antivirus 2010 well done

i think rising antivirus is the most complete free antivirus at the time
    the 2009 edition passed by many malwares but this edition with hips and shields in high
    is perfect.....

5. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Re: rising antivirus 2010 well done

Didn't the 2009 version have HIPS also?

6. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

Do you use MBAM with IP Protection enabled, or any other IP blocker?

7. simisg

simisg Registered Member

Re: rising antivirus 2010 well done

yes but no so effective .... the hips of version 2009 bypassed by many malwares in my tests when version 2009 detect something with hips after that
    not stops for real the threat! the version 2010 leaves the machine completely clean from zero day malwares....

8. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

Sadeghi85 wrote

Yesterday I got a pop up from my firewall saying RSmain.exe wanted to access the net which I allowed and since then it's been OK. So it looks like my firewall was stopping something other than the update.exe file. Incidentally, if you enable everything in Rising-clouds/updates/reports etc-- I see there are 10 processes that ask for internet access (out only).
    Thanks for your input.

Gordon

9. Sadeghi85

Yes, RSmain needs a connection to check update status everytime you open its main window. Incidentally, MBAM blocks the IP, I'll report it to Malwarebytes.

10. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

I cat find any right click context menu scan on the free av?
    ellison

11. Zombini

Zombini Registered Member

Thats Chinglish

12. Sadeghi85

It has a context menu scan option.

13. ellison64

Where is that setting so i can enable it?
    tia
    ellison

14. Sadeghi85

I think that was enabled by default. Disable other security softwares and try reinstaling it.

15. ellison64

Its on the gfs laptop and she has no other security except windows firewall.I just installed it on my laptop too and there doesnt appear to be any rightclick scan a file menu on mine either.We are both using windows 7 64bit.
    ellison

16. Sadeghi85

Well, that's weird. I'm using 7 32bit so maybe it's an issue with 64bit o_O

17. codylucas16

codylucas16 Registered Member

Just gave Rising 2010 a quick test against 50 new malware threats ( out within the last 2 days ). It let 2 of them through. The ones it did let through Rising killed them afterwords saying "Kill After Reset". I am extremely impressed with it.

18. Kees1958

Thanks for the post, it would impress me even more when you could repeat that test and tell us Avira or Avast scores for reference

Regards Kees

19. codylucas16

Avira (Free Edition) with default settings blocked 20 threats. The system got so infected that my ISP actually disconnected me. I just got off the phone with them having them re-activate my connection.

20. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Kees, I have been using it for about a week and I have to admit it is light, user friendly and so far, caught all I threw at it. They have done a very good job. This is with Vista 64 bit.

21. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Is this with complete default settings, or did you change something, and did you install the AV part of it or not? Also, are we talking the free version?

If I wanna try this software I wanna know exactly what configuration is recommended - I'm calling for you, Kees. :D :D

22. codylucas16

It was the free version with everything installed on default settings with the cloud setting on.

23. raven211

Looks like a winner... I'm gonna test it with AV included. ;) Say, does Windows Defender still give me any benefit with this software installed?

24. raven211

I definitely benefit from Windows Defender I see, since it failed against a new rogue that I tested against it. The trojan blocker blocked some part of it I guess, but it the rogue still runs perfectly. :(

25. Kees1958

No, throw WD away with Rising

With rising HIPS on x64 (I am interested to know), when possible
    a) set OS enforcement to manual
    ==> set everything manually on MAX, only with a pop-up (can't recall but earlier versions used to deny without a message when setting the slider to high)

b) add your internet facing software to Application enforcement and choose the browser protection profile

That is it, they made it really simple with this version

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.