Rising PC Doctor updated to support Windows 7

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Ibrad, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Hey everyone,

Some of you may remember the tool Rising PC Doctor that was a big thing a while back. Well it now has finally been updated to support Windows 7! Rising PC Doctor 7 has a whole new UI and looks really nice. Check out some of the screenshots http://rising-global.com/rising_pc_doctor/help/PcDoctor.html

Anyone thinking about trying it. V7.0 looks really nice :D

2. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

This reminds me of Kingsoft PC Doctor, but more about security.

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  3. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Ok make sure you come back and share you opinion. v6 was pretty nice last time I used it. I don't all the security features worked extremely well in v6 but this one really looks like they put a lot of effort into.

4. Tyrizian

The download link seems to point to v6, I see no download link for v7. Unless I am missing something here, or v7 just isn't out yet.

5. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

I will send them an email and find out why. I thought it was out since the download link was different then last I tried. The setup file use to be RPCDOC.exe so I thought it was new. Will update when I find out.

6. Tyrizian

Thanks Ibrad

7. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult Registered Member

I thought the same thing when I looked at the screenshots.

8. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Got a message from support saying that the download package on their site is the latest and it should be v7 once you install it.

9. 1chaoticadult

Thanks for the update Ibrad.

10. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I'm going to test this via VM tomorrow, and see how it protects.

11. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Haha I don't know what it is, but almost every Chinese vendor makes Candy-like GUIs.
    They are kind of nice to look at, and it's very easy to see what the features will do. I like it :D

12. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Yeah they are very skilled at that, the last PC Doc though was not very good at security but had a pretty good over-view of your machine. I hope they improved that, kept it light, and it works better with PCAV on a machine then Kingsoft.

13. Tyrizian

I downloaded it, and it said it wasn't compatible with 64-bit...Couldn't test it. On my test bed machine though, I got an installer error.

14. 1chaoticadult

Thanks for this. I was just about to give it a test in VM. Oh well.

15. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I tested it on 64bit win 7, and didn't get any errors. The VM did run like crap though, and it was a very short test.

16. Tyrizian

Hmmm, I may have to re-try it then, on a different machine this time.

17. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Did it usually act bad or was it due to Rising?

18. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

well it's about time XD

it's a very extremely Late move by Rising

19. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Not quite sure what was going on. I tried it twice, and each time I would get a few links in and the machine was lag badly or freeze. For the few links I got through, I didn't get any alerts. I was unable to get to task mgr, so I'm not sure if it was infections causing the slowdown, or just Rising. After the second attempt to test the program, I gave up.

20. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Ah still sounds like Rising PC Doctor does not provide the best security experience again it would once again be classified as a helper tool to provide over all analysis of the system with limited cloud protection.

v6 did provide a pretty good over-view of the system for security reasons and the cloud scanner did detect some "new" items in v6 when I used it so I am pretty sure they would have improved that. I have never seen the URL filter in action in any of the versions so it must really only be for chinese malware sites.

21. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Time for my review:

First off about the real time protection, from my analysis it does not have real time protection (and I doubt v6 did either). Now when attempting to start Malware URL Filtering or Malware Shield you get the prompt to install Rising Personal Firewall or Rising Antivirus. So its more of an aid to your current security software then actually security software. However it does have a fully useable Trojan Scanner that is connected to the Rising Cloud Security Network. Have not tested how well its detection is since its kinda slow on my old machine, thanks to my 2000ish processor and XP is running way under the normal specs.

Memory usage: About 15k on my old Windows XP Box

Security Features: The Cloud AntiTrojan System, it also has a USB protection system.

Personally my favorite thing about it is the Cloud Process Manager that gives a safety rating. For all the tools it includes its very light and won't take up much space. Personally its not on the front end of the Security Prevention tools but for what it does it seems to work pretty well and does what its designed to. It does not seem like it will conflict with other security programs. I have been unable to tell how good the cloud anti-trojan is but I may install it on all my machines incase someone in my house gets them infected again for a backup scan.

22. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Pretty impressed with Rising Devs at the moment. The first version I installed of Rising PC Doctor had constant low cpu usage with tray.exe right now Rising PC doc just updated and reloaded itself and tray.exe is no longer constantly using CPU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.