RISING PC Doctor 6.0 offically released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by FrenzyLion, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

does Risin PC Doctor have to be running in real-time to have its settings work? or can it be like SpywareBlaster where u apply protection and can close it and be protected?

2. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Well, some automatic protection is supposedly by schedule, so you can probably use those that way. The manual tools should always be available even if you decide to disable all the "protection".

3. nomarjr3

nomarjr3 Registered Member

I don't care if a certain individual in the company does these things. It's the individual(s) fault, not the company.

As long as it isn't invading my privacy or soliciting important info, or adding suspicious toolbars (ie. Ask.com toolbar), I'm perfectly fine with it.

If anything goes wrong, or at some point they update the program and becomes a rogue software.. then that would be a different story.

4. raven211

Agree with that. Symantec to be honest definitely doesn't seem to be the worst, even if it's a really bad move with integrating Ask, as it probably removed the trust for the product for many. Now it's disabled by default though, so they listened... Worse software might actually be the web-browser Opera that I'm using (just make a new blank page and look at the top to see what I mean...) and Auslogics Registry Defrag which is now a PAID product, but still has the toolbar prechecked... :mad: :'(

5. firzen771

so PC Doctor has some "immunization" like features that add protection to the system even while the program is not running?

6. raven211

I'm not sure that's the case (even if I do hope so... :p), but I'm more thinking about the parts that should go on schedule and not full-time.

7. firzen771

ah ok, thx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.