Rising Internet Security 2010 Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by guest, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

what is resource usage on this idle and during scan

2. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

I'll have to run another scan to check but the full scan was much quicker than under RIS2009. Right now the SR is using under RSTray.exe 22,680K. New feature called Application Reinforcement which I setup for FireFox 3.53. View logs can tell you in graphic form if there was web attacks, virus an etc.. Also tells when the last update was ran.

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i meant all procc combined isnt there more than one with rising??

4. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

What I meant is all bark no bite, they tend to spend more time on the GUI then they do anything else. :cautious:

5. tipstir

Okay red and the black highlight is for ris2010 and blue is for rising pc doctor. Note: Firefox is showing 198kb for this forum thread.

Attached Files:

6. tipstir

I guess the final is almost out.. Final testing in China I was reading.. There seem to be a brand new PC Doctor 6.0.1.46 to go with RIS2010. The version I have workings smoothly updates silently.

7. yokinchar

yokinchar Registered Member

It's not free.

But there is a rising antivirus free edition at here:
    http://www.freerav.com/

8. tipstir

Simple fix to get around the nag screens, then have free updates.. RIS2009 and RIS2010 can be done using the free trial versions.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  9. tipstir

Anyway back at home base now.. Install RIS2010 on all systems including server.

10. tipstir

Hmmm? I've loaded this on server OS, seems to be down today. All other systems seem okay. But so mentioned that RegProt doesn't work with RIS2010 anymore.

11. tipstir

No go with Server OS doesn't update. But on Client OS it does. I had to go back to RIS2009 for the Server OS. Oh well..

12. tipstir

BT box showing RIS2010 latest version so far so good!

Attached Files:

13. tipstir

Final testing is on 9/24 for 2010-UT after that they're giving 3 months free usage. But the nag screens can be disabled. Right now I am installed this suite on old Toshiba PII 266MHz with 256MB of RAM 7,200RPM 40GB HDD and wireless 802.11g/n. I've modded it to work with current XP Pro SP3 it's over 11 years and still going!

14. tipstir

Found out today one system won't bootup because of the RIS2010. Under safe mode the RIS2010 doesn't load. But of course that can be uninstalled under safe mode. Once done I was able to load windows again.

15. falkor

falkor Registered Member

So how is this Suite progressing ? I am using the 2010 Suite and find it very good . They even offered a 50% code on Facebook . I must admit this is pretty nice. Looking forward to more development on this:)

16. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

I wonder if RIS 2010 has been released fully now, as my Free RAV 2009 won't update DEFS anymore. Last update 9/10/09, defs. ver 21.50.44, prog version 21.59.44.

Anyone else noticed this or is it me ??

Cheers Gordon

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  17. tipstir

Good I thought I was the only one with RAV 2009 free wasn't updating anymore as of 10/10/09 on all my systems. But I had enough with Rising RAV, RFW and RIS running all those program has caused me all type of issues from unable to detect Trojans, blocking Rising PC Doctor from launching, block wireless RDP and the list goes on and on.. There is something wrong with the way they communicate with other network systems on the same network. I only keeping Rising PC Doctor still it can repair the OS without having to use the Windows Updater which can be disabled.

To me Rising ditching all these free versions and forcing you to buy their software except for PC Doctor product that's still free!

I am gone with Symantec Endpoint Protection all outsourcing companies are using with their clients network infrastructure including enterprise server. Though it uses the old Sygate firewall technology that works right out of the box to pick all network systems and print servers I have on the network. No need to sit there and say well add this IP range or subnet.

Plus it only need 5.9KB to run. I got it on old PII and it runs pretty good on that..

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  18. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

Ok so Rising have abandoned it's free AV users. I used to use Symantec before but didn't like it.

Thanks Gordon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.