Rising AV - free edition

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pykko, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miyagi

Miyagi Registered Member

I sure would be pissed if they did the business in this fashion. Luckily, I am using Twister AV (made in China) with the lifetime license of $29.99 and no peeps whatsoever. The support department has been responsive at all my inquiries. :)

2. tekkaman

tekkaman Registered Member

It's still free. Maybe they updated the license app "regguide" and had problems with the free users. It's all fixed now.

3. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

They were giving you a glimpse of whats to come. :rolleyes:

As for now. I wont be using this product. Free or not Free. :blink:

4. tekkaman

5. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Yes but what you don't seem to see is what is between the lines. For life could simply be a VERSION Change or even a Update that officially ENDS the products life for that period. Microsoft does it all the time so do many other company's. You have to understand a products "Life" to understand what they mean by free for life.

6. entropism

entropism Registered Member

generally "for life" in the business world means "for the life of the product"; That product being Rising 2008 AV. Just like if you buy a PNY graphics card, it boasts a "lifetime" warranty, but if you try to send it in for repairs 6 years from now, you'll find the warranty is null and void because the product is no longer manufactured.

So yes, Rising AV 2008 will be free for life. It doesn't mean there will be UPDATES for life, and it doesn't mean 2009 will be free.

7. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

My post yesterday
    Hi , Received a reply from Rising today and they say 2008 will remain free and 2009 also.
    The popups/nag screens have gone as they said.

I have kept their e mail to remind them of what they said to me just in case.

Gordon

8. tekkaman

9. entropism

entropism Registered Member

the firewall is still free, might not be in '09 though. It had the same bug as the AV, and apparently it was fixed. one of these days I'll get around to reinstalling it, but as of right now I'm enjoying the Vista firewall behind my router. Speedy startup and whatnot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.