Rising Antivirus 2009

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by RejZoR, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

Done... Total 34 virus cleaned or deleted or completely removed. 17 sub those were unknowns but RAV reported what they were. Most were old crap files don't need those anymore. I've installed the RFW 2009 Free replacing the PC Tools FWP 3.14 on the 2003 server EE. That's it 100% Rising on my network. RIS 2009 Free on all wireless N and G laptops one desktop used as HTPC running SageTV 6.5.x with 3 PVR CableTV Tuner cards and Hauppauge Media MVP Server to manage 7x MVP is running the suite as it's very low on system resources Rising claims so far they're right on the time on that one. PII 266MHz running it so if that can run it anything can. Let's see how the months ahead turn out with me and Rising..

Just wanted to say it's really amazing how many tools when you remove them want to launch the browser to call back to say why you had removed them. ThreatFire, SpyBot and few others does that and FWP can't stop opening the browser. Spybot can't even find anything that tea timer used so much system resources 80K what a waste.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  2. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

Installed RIS 2009 with RAV works betters to me found some more and that pesty modifyPE.exe. Scan didn't take as low as the international version is freeav.exe. By the way there is ravfree09.exe available that would be the Chinese with English wording version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.